Struggling with making 1200 calories....

Options

Replies

• erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I only cook with olive oil :)
    Thats a terrible idea unless you only eat things that require low heat only. Olive oil companies are good at advertising but I don't really care. If Im making something yummy and hot Im not going to do it with something that smokes at 191 degrees C.

What would you recommend then? I'm new to this. I switched from corn to olive oil. and have been only cooking with it for the past 2 months.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    sounds like anorexia...good luck! food is food..stop worrying whats what and eat
    lol im no where near anorexic buddy! im 194 lbs lol and i love food. Its just that im never in the mood to eat anymore. it feels like a chore. i feel like i should only be eating when im hungry, but if i do that, then i will slow down my metabolism and be eating one meal a day probably :(
    Anorexic does not equal under weight 100% of the time. And people that love things do not usually find them to be a chore and are usually in the mood for it. Hence they love it.
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Eat a burger.

or ice cream.

lol hmm maybe i will today
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If you are having problems reaching 1200 then how or why do you need to lose weight? I can easily eat 1200 in ONE meal. Add nuts, fatty meats and full fat dairy to your diet. Problem solved!
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I only cook with olive oil :)
    Thats a terrible idea unless you only eat things that require low heat only. Olive oil companies are good at advertising but I don't really care. If Im making something yummy and hot Im not going to do it with something that smokes at 191 degrees C.

What would you recommend then? I'm new to this. I switched from corn to olive oil. and have been only cooking with it for the past 2 months.
    Don't get me wrong I eat a lot of olive oil in salads and such, but for higher heats I use any of the oils with a higher smoke point. You can look them up online. Im a fan of coconut oil if the smoke point is right. Yay medium chain fatty acids. For the extra calorie boost I'll add avocado. Mmm peanuts eggs avocado and chocolate protein. Makes a mean pancake in an avocado hole.
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's not great. My BMR is up around 2600 which is hard to do healthily the and that's before adding another 750-1000 exercise calories in top!
  • My0WNinspiration
    Options
    If you are having problems reaching 1200 then how or why do you need to lose weight? I can easily eat 1200 in ONE meal. Add nuts, fatty meats and full fat dairy to your diet. Problem solved!

This usually happens when people think "I need to eat "HEALTHY"" So they eat very low calorie foods.

Question to the OP: Who is healthier... a person who weighs 700lbs eating "healthy" or a person at a healthy weight eating junk?
    Just eat "normal" food and lose weight.

I see. Nuts are healthy but extremely high in cals.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    1) grab tablespoon
    2) dip it into jar of peanut butter until mouth of spoon is submerged
    3) take it out
    4) put it in your mouth
    5) enjoy
    6) repeat steps 1) through 5) one more time

190 calories. right there. just doing that. nothing more.

peanut butter has protein and good fats. as long as you are not allergic to peanuts, it's perfectly fine to eat a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter a day!

peanut-butter-spoon.jpg
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Take a look in my diary (especially breakfast) for high calorie food idea. Also, I am 5.2 and my BMR is over 1300. Why are you eating less than this?

Drink whole milk, and don't eat any of the fat free stuff. Eat regular food, full fat. This is how I finally started to loose weight this week.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I never wanna be back in the 1200 calorie a day boat. I thought I was going to pass out the whole 4 months I was doing it.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

This usually happens when people think "I need to eat "HEALTHY"" So they eat very low calorie foods.

Question to the OP: Who is healthier... a person who weighs 700lbs eating "healthy" or a person at a healthy weight eating junk?

I'm with you on this one. Too many people think they have to eat nothing but chicken and rabbit food. Don't get me wrong, I know we need to eat more nutrient dense foods. But there's a thread going now about someone trying to find a way to gag down protein shakes. I don't get it. If it's that horrible to me, I'm not going to eat or drink it. I love a good salad, but I love a nice dish of ice cream once in a while too. Balance it out, it won't be hard to get in your calories.
  • CoderGal
    Options

And extremely worth it. Especially since this is a thread looking for ways to increase calories. I really love roasted nuts in my salads.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i ate 1150 calories today and I feel disgustingly full. I don't feel like this is healthy or normal especially considering that i used to consume 3000+ calories easily everyday about a month prior to this.

I'm trying to make 1200-1400 everyday but I'm finding that most days i have to force myself to eat dinner. i see people here saying that 1200 is way too low of an intake.... and i believe it and it worries me.

i dont know what to make of this.... People are telling me because i'm eating a lot of fruits and veggies that i'm going to feel fuller for longer but this is just insane to me. I never though in a million years i could eat 1200 calories and be fine.

Is there anyone out there like me?

I'm like this, too.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Last night we had dessert of fresh from the oven PB cookies with a serving of vanilla ice cream. Delicious and still in my calories for the day. Eat what you love!
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What ya need is one of these :smile:

bigbreakfast.jpg
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options

^ this is what I'm wondering. Are you on a medication that messes with appetite or sedentary all day? I don't think this should be a problem. I've never really fully believed other posters when they say it's so hard to reach 1200 calories unless something is actually interfering. If you get up at a decent time (when early, metabolism starts up, I usually eat a lot more when I have a long day) and do things during the day you should be hungry enough to get 1200 calories AT LEAST.

Also wondering if it's a mental thing. People don't like to eat when depressed sometimes or maybe since you started this diet, your attitude turned really sour towards food in general

AND if you're overweight, you should not be having 1200 calories a day. This will slow your progress. I'm guessing you set this goal for yourself or set too high of a loss of weight weekly.
  • My0WNinspiration
    Options

And extremely worth it. Especially since this is a thread looking for ways to increase calories. I really love roasted nuts in my salads.

And very good for the skin. I glow like star bright right after a handful of nuts. Get them fats in ya!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing and it gets better. People can't believe that we struggle to eat 1200 but.. when you're used to eating say.. 1 cup of 500 calorie velveeta shells and cheese and switch to 4-6 oz of lean meat, nuts, 4 cups of lettuce, 2 cups of veggies at ONE meal, it takes up a lot more space in your tummy and is a LOT more filling! Add drinking extra water and we are stuffed.
    Just add a few nuts or nut butters to your meals, they add up quick. 1/4 cup of nuts has 160 calories in it. I buy raw almonds and make homemade almond butter in my mini food processor. It's easy and it is sooo good spread on an apple or banana. And it's good for you!
    Ignore all the mean comments. If they haven't experienced this, they have no clue!
  • CoderGal
    Options

And very good for the skin. I glow like star bright right after a handful of nuts. Get them fats in ya!
    No kidding. I decided to be ignorant and not look things up when I first joined and saw that fat was a lot of calories so I cut it. Then my face started feeling like my lizards. Fat is great for absorbing nutrients and great for the skin and hair