Dad passed away this week

Options
My dear Father passed away this week and even though I know he is in a better place, I miss him. He was a faithful man, always smiling and caring of others ,even when he was sick at the end. I am new to this program and would like encouragement and prayers for our family.

Replies

• SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss, there are many good, compassionate and caring people on here to encourage and support you.
    good luck x
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    I am so very sorry to hear of your loss :cry: Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.....
  • chelseelynn1970
    Options
    Prayer for you and your family
  • stacey2022
    stacey2022 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So sorry, hoping you and our family can find peace!!
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about you dad passing.My thoughts and prayers are with you ...
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    very sorry to hear of the lose of your Dad. prayers and thoughts to you and your family
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss!my thoughts and prayers are with you at this very sad time.
  • LozzieWebb
    LozzieWebb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved father. Even though you know he is in a better place, it is still going to be a very difficult time for you. Sending you and your family my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. 'Don't say with sadness "He is no more" say in thankfulness "He was" x x
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I lost my dad over 30 yrs ago & never had a chance to say goodbye.:brokenheart: I still miss him but as time goes on, the fond memories far outweigh the sadness.

Time really does heal, it will take awhile but will get better. Thoughts & prayers are with you & yours. :flowerforyou:
  • Kimistry_
    Options
    My thoughts are with you. I lost a dear friend recently as well and it was very hard, I couldn't imagine losing my family member. As you said, he is in a better place. It will get better with time. *hug*
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The worst day of my life was when my dad died. I understand and send you positive thoughts and prayers. Make him proud of you with your journey to good health - that's what I try to do when I feel discouraged. It doesn't always work, but I give it a try.

So sorry for your loss.
  • MissVamp13
    Options
    :( I am so sorry for your loss xx
  • nonniArteaga
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace for the coming days.
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for you loss. Thoughts and prayer are with you and your family.. I lost my mom last year and I am still having a pretty hard time with it. The sadness is overwhelming at first but it does get better.
  • NatashaMichaud
    NatashaMichaud Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. :flowerforyou: hopefully you can find something to keep a smile on your face during this difficult time. xoxo
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I just lost my dad last year and I know how much it hurts. It still hurts, but it gets better. Holding onto the precious memories you shared with him will help. Let yourself grieve and let others be there for you during this time.
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My sympathy. Losing one's parents makes us so aware of our own immortality in addition to the grieving process. Peace be with him and with you and your family in this difficulty time.
  • plumbobet
    Options
    Sorry for your loss
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you. Good luck, though, using MFP. Perhaps your success will honor your father.
  • Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss :-(