Looking for Friends on Ideal Protein diet

Options
12346»

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    This is Donna and today is my Day 1 on IP Diet. Hoping to get some wonderful results like you. I have 22 pounds to lose.
    I was so excited and enthusiastic about starting this but I am reading many forums that many on this diet when they stopped this gained it back. So I am already worried on how I can maintain this weight after I complete this program.

Anyone maintaining the same weight even after stopping the program please respond. Looking for your encouraging words.

You will gain it back once you are off the diet because it doesn't teach you proper eating habits. Unless you plan on being on this for the rest of your life, what do you think will happen when you get off?
  • hope2781
    hope2781 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes but I thought cutting down carbs and exercising should help to maintain the weight. Ofcourse I know that I won't have the luxury of eating all sweet and carb food like before but I Was looking for someone who is off this diet and eating regular food in moderation with workouts?
  • dclisura
    dclisura Posts: 1
    Options
    Donna,
    I hope that you have continued on and were not discouraged by the negative comments. The hardest part of weight loss is keeping it off. I lost 58 pounds on the IP program and have kept it off for 3 years. The program is a 4 phase program. It's not just about weight loss, it gives you a very manageable maintenance plan with all food groups and no exclusions. You will be instructed along the way about each phase. Good Luck!
  • dol2200
    dol2200 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Donna
    My name is Donna as well. I an turning 55 this year and have struggled with weight my entire life. I lost 40 pounds on weight watchers just to gain it all back plus 10. I joined a gym and started to gain muscle weight, then I started on a clean eating program and only lost 11 pounds in 7 months. That is when I decided to join Ideal Protein. So April 25th 2014 was my first day and I am doing ok. I am optimistic!
    I will keep you informed.
    Thanks
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,977 Member
    Options
    When a thread is obviously full of spam what does it take for a mod to lock it up. Seriously, isn't it obvious at this point.
    It was obvious on the first page. The only bonus that I see at this point is that most of the posts are people that promote it......work from home and make xxxx amount of dollars, the American dream. It's tough selling to your sales comrades though.
  • corrall4
    corrall4 Posts: 2
    Options
    I can never figure why a person would follow a site like this if 1 they are not on the diet and 2 do not believe in it. That being said I started IP last Wednesday April 30 2014. Yes it will be difficult and it is costly, but I have to eat anyway! My goal is to lose at least 35 lbs. to date on my scale I lost 6 lbs! I am pleased and plan on sticking to it....
  • corrall4
    corrall4 Posts: 2
    Options
    Donna, I just started IP too! Good luck to you! I have a goal...my son is getting married July 20!
  • alishaburns314
    Options
    Looking for friends using IP. Please add me I could support.
  • jwanj
    jwanj Posts: 1
    Options
    I weighed in at my doctor's office about 1 year ago at 268 pounds. I had been diagnosed as a Type II diabetic and knew I needed to lose weight, but even eating a "balanced diet" I was still gaining. My doctor explained that sugar is "poison" for the person with diabetes and something in me clicked. I immediately eliminated sugar from my diet and even watched the amounts I was getting in prepackaged foods. I started to slowly lose weight.

On 13 Jan 2014, I saw my doctor and explained that I had been losing weight, but it was pretty slow. He had me weigh and I had lost 30 pounds in a bit less than a year. I confess that part of that loss was when I had a knee replacement and the pain drugs made me very ill and unable to eat for about 6 weeks.

I started the Ideal Protein Diet that same day and I have lost 31 more pounds to date (9 May 2014) for a total of 61 pounds. It did help that I had eliminated most sugar from my diet prior to starting IP, but I did feel the sacrifice when I started to follow it. I truly hate all of the soups but one. I had such a long way to go to my goal (140 lbs.) that I worry if I can stay the course.

I want to stay on Ideal Protein, if possible. I no longer have to take blood pressure medicine at this point. I am also looking forward to seeing the results of my next blood work. :flowerforyou: I am facing a long distance move and travel is hard on this diet, but whether I am on it perfectly or if I am just trying to control my sugars and proteins, I will continue to lose the weight. When I was venting about how far I had to go, my counselor reminded me to think of it like pregnancy. It's hard and uncomfortable at times, but in the end I will have something wonderful to show for it.
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I started on Ideal Protein 2 weeks ago and am down 6.8 lbs. I really have high hopes for this to work...quickly. :) I lost 34 lbs in 6 months, 2 years ago on Visalus shakes (and daily workouts). I put back on 24 of that. Tried Visalus again and couldn't stick with it. I think my body just adjusted to them and I couldn't lose on them anymore. Tried the Jon Cena Body Challenge program (low to no carb) and only lost 4 lbs in 5 or 6 weeks. My husband has been dropping weight like mad just cutting back his portions and drinking more water and I couldn't stand the thought of him dropping below me in weight so I decided to finally try Ideal Protein - regardless of the cost.

The first week I did eat 4 packets a day but some of the snacks I would only eat half one day and finish the next. Now I am not having the extra packet at all. I haven't even really ate much lettuce (which is unlimited with lunch and dinner) cuz I am full.

I was allowed to mix and match my packet choices the first two weeks to see what I liked and didn't like and now have to buy full boxes of items. That kind of sucks cuz unless you want to buy serveral boxes (at an added weekly cost) then you aren't getting as much variety. I even thought about starting an Ideal Protein food swamp in my area with other people on Ideal Protein like on FB or something. Like "I have a full box of orange drink mix, I will trade 2 oranges for 2 chocolates if anyone has them" - type thing. lol
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options

You will gain it back once you are off the diet because it doesn't teach you proper eating habits. Unless you plan on being on this for the rest of your life, what do you think will happen when you get off?

IP is a 4 phase program. Yes, it's very restictive in Phase 1 when you are relaying largely on the protein packets. Phase 2 and 3 are where those proper eating habits are taught when carbs are phased back in.

I agree this isn't for everyone and that everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's a personal choice and that should be respected.
  • newella66
    newella66 Posts: 1
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs on IP 2 and 1/2 years ago and maintained most of this loss. I'm now starting the program again as I want to lose a little more. I've had to change my eating habits but it's worth it. They will tell you that you will gain a few pounds a year just by getting older and you should go back on the program once a year. I hope this helps
  • shanagins20
    shanagins20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am officially starting the IP diet tomorrow and after reading all these reviews I feel that this diet is going to be worth it! :smile:
  • zb861
    zb861 Posts: 1
    Options
    I could use the support! I've been on IP since 09/2013 and lost about 34lbs. My problem is my eating habits. I was doing great in the beginning, then around March, I started slipping into my old habits of fast food binging. I feel out of control and failing at this program. I am not proud by any means and feel ashamed when it happens. To most people, it would be as simple as just stopping, but for me, it's not. I can't seem to stop and I'm wasting money, time, and health on this program because I can't outrun my old habits. I am on Phase 1 with about 20-30 more pounds to go.

Any help is appreciated! New to MFP, so any tips, help, support is greatly appreciated. Almost wonder if I should see someone professionally about this problem.
  • asperez
    asperez Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm starting IP tomorrow. I have 30 lbs to lose. I'm optimistic. Looking forward to feeling healthier!
  • constructisme
    constructisme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Started IP in May 2013 I lost 34 pounds and was doing great. I went off IP in Sept 2013 due to a lot of traveling I was doing for my job at the end of the year 2013. I managed to maintain my weight until Jan 2014. Since January I have put 20 pounds back on due to bad food choices that I have made. Restarted IP on 8/18/14 and am hoping for the same results I had in the past. Need to loose the 20 I put back on and an extra 5 just to be safe. Having support is a much needed thing for this diet. It is to easy to slip up without someone to support you and help keep you on track.
  • constructisme
    constructisme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do it zb861 . Good luck in your venture I am there with you.