Anybody from Essex, UK

Options
13»

Replies

• nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I lived in Colchester for 18 years but now reside near sunny Southampton.

I do Stronglifts 5x5 on 3 days of the week and try and get in a light walk on the other days. I don't eat clean (being a full time Carer for my disabled wife and full time Dad/cleaner/taxi/cook/chief bottle washer for 3 teenagers limits my time and financial ability to do Paleo). I do, however, try to eat sensibly but I enjoy a sneaky drink every now and then.

Although I am seriously focused on losing the weight and improving my body composition, I don't take myself too seriously and I don't sweat the small stuff.

If anyone feels like adding me, feel free. The gates to the Asylum are always open :-)
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Me! Add me :)
  • AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm also from Essex, down on the coast near Frinton, feel free to add me :-)
  • nannyal
    nannyal Posts: 50
    Options
    Canvey, add me if you like.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    *waves from across the river* Kent/London borders here!
  • gracealexandria
    gracealexandria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm from Essex too :) feel free to add me xxx
  • Caziee
    Caziee Posts: 13
    Options
    Haaay! :)
    I'm from Harlow in Essex, UK
    Feel free to add or vice versa! :)
    X
  • emmloubur
    emmloubur Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Braintree, Essex here :0)
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm on the sunny South Coast, near Portsmouth. Can't believe it but I have entered the Great South Run there at the end of October... come and join me ... it is only 10 miles! You can send me a friend request if you want.

There are loads of us Brits - over 5000 - on the Team UK Group... go to Groups and do a search. I did start a Portsmouth UK group, but we are not very active, but there are other local groups out there. We did a great Regional weight loss challenge last year - I think Scotland won!!! It started out as a north vs south, but then split a bit more.

Good luck in your journey, and everyone else too!
  • sirromford
    sirromford Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, im in Essex as well, feel free to add.
  • dayr1993
    dayr1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Grays, essex/ ipswich suffolk feel free to add :D
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm not a girl but I live in London and am more than happy to accommodate any Essex girls.

I don't have a car though so you'll probably have to come to me.

Or you can pick me up and we can go to your place.

I'm very flexible.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm a Brit, I've lived in a few of the towns/cities that people have mentioned in this thread (including Harlow, Essex)... though i've moved around too much to have a home town. Currently living in Bahrain