20-30lb weight loss group!

Options
I am just starting out here on MFP and am realizing that I need much more support and motivation than I can give myself alone. I am hoping to form a group where we all have a similiar weight loss goal, and can share exercise rutines, meals, and stories!!!
I am thinking that I am not the only person who needs help in being accountable, and with that I am opening the floor for us all to get to know eachother, support one another, and give us a kick in the butt when we need it!

Lets say weekly weighins on Mondays!!!

Current weight 245
goal 215

thanks!
Amber

Replies

• CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Ill do it with you : ]

Im at about 203-208lbs give or take what I ate.. Ill weigh tomorrow and make it certain. Today is clean day 1 for me. I hope to be down 13lbs by may 5th which is 5 weeks. A little over 2lbs a week, but I think I can do it. Im kickboxing and weightlifting. I want to be down to 160lbs by the middle of sept, 25weeks away.

So, Ill be back tomorrow and post my starting weight!!

Callie
  • arnolda4
    arnolda4 Posts: 14
    Options
    YAY i'm so excited!!!
    I am doing work out videos at home, Total Body Sculpt with Gilad (I love him!!) and a yoga video but I always feel to fat to do the yoga =/
    I have a 14wk old puppy and am always walking her
    And I am planning on going to the gym about 3 times a week once Spring quarter classes start up again.

My goal is to lose 10lbs by the end of April!!!
  • Candyrot89
    Options
    Ohh! Can I be in? I believe my starting weight is 180 to 185. I'm trying to get down to 160. I'm going to watch what I eat and power walk on the treadmill everyday for an hour. I want to be healthy..and I've been feeling tired and lazy lately. So it's time to take back control!
  • Candyrot89
    Options
    Ohh! Can I be in? I believe my starting weight is 180 to 185. I'm trying to get down to 160. I'm going to watch what I eat and power walk on the treadmill everyday for an hour. I want to be healthy..and I've been feeling tired and lazy lately. So it's time to take back control!
  • arnolda4
    Options
    OFCOURSE YOU CAN BE IN!!!!!
    There are no disqualifications! Welcome!!!
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    Yo, lemme get in on this! Current weight is 175, looking to get down to the 140-150 range. I really don't know what a good weight for my frame and activity level will be, but I need to lose ten pounds to get full points for a healthy BMI in our yearly fit test.
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Girls only?
  • arnolda4
    Options
    definitly not girls only!!!

everybody, every age, every weight, every gender!!
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm sold let's do this :)
  • arnolda4
    Options
    I am so excited for this journey that we will all be taking together! I hope that more and people will join us! I am extremely hopefull that with every body sharing their successes and even their defeats we will be able to give eachother the extra push we need!
    I know that my end goal is much more that 20-30lbs but I think that smaller goals are much more easy to look at and see as possible! the big picture is too big to look at now, but with help I'm sure we can all get there!
  • ditzy
    ditzy Posts: 8
    Options
    I'll join, my first goal was to lose 14 lbs, i have lost three so far, once thats done i have to lose another 14 so i ultimatly want to be down to 96 lbs because i am very short and too big for my height at the mo.

Starting weight, mon 29th - 120.6 lbs
    Goal weight 1 - 110lbs
    Goal weight 2 - 96lbs
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm in.. I'm trying to lose 20lbs but i've already lost 2lb so now its 18 lbs.

Current weight - 142lbs
    Goal weight - 124 lbs.
  • arnolda4
    Options
    I am so excited for everyone!!

WELCOME to the last three who I have not been able to welcome yet! It seems we are all starting at different weights and places in our lives and I can not wait to see what we can all learn from eachother!
  • TonyGreenhalgh
    Options
    I am in.

Getting married 14th August and doing a Mountain Marathon soon after.

Starting weight last Monday 221
    Current weight today 220
    Target weight 196

Good luck everyone.
  • k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey all...starting today at 206lb....ideally would like to get to 168.. or less!!. Interesting to note how calorific everything i like is...lol, trying to make simple changes without making myself feel deprived. And hopefully increase my activity which should help.
    Keep smiling!

Karen
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone :bigsmile:

I'm Chellie from Ireland and would love to join in too :wink:

When I started this journey I was 195lbs now I have reached my first goal of 180lbs :bigsmile:

My final goal is to get as close to 150lbs as possible it really depends on how I am looking when I get close as I don't want to look gaunt from being too skinny for me :happy:

I'm hoping for my birthday in August that I can reach it :blushing:
  • heather_boyd
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'd like to join too... I've lost a total of 30lbs so far and the most amazing thing is that I can't even imagine what I was like 30 lbs ago... I never thought I'd get this far, but I'd really like to lose another 20 - 30 (starting weight - 191lbs, current weight - 161lbs - ultimate goal weight - 140lbs).

Thanks,

Heather
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm in too! I've currently lost 17 pounds, I currently weigh around 157 (give or take). I am hoping to get down to 125-135 (will decide the exact as I get closer to my goal) I didn't weigh in this morning as I didn't see this thread until now. :flowerforyou:
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Weighed this morning!

Shall we copy and paste this so we have more idea whos at what???
    :]

Name ______________SW___________CW__________#LOST

CallieM15 __________204___________204____________0
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :)

SW: 176
    CW: 166.8
    GW: 140