SBF2 Reboot boogaloo...wk of March 29

2»

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Good luck with the fingerprints, MM.

Today: yoga, yard work, and bike ride. Then a lovely dinner tonight. What else could a woman ask for?

Husband and I discussed me getting my yoga certification yesterday. At around $3,000 for training at the 200 hour level, it's no small investment. There are two things that bother me: 1. I haven't found a teacher I like & respect enough that is offering teacher training (the one person I like and respect, does a type of yoga that requires a certain philosophy, and I'm not going to say something I don't believe), 2. I probably won't learn much - the whole process would be for a piece of paper - seems kinda silly, right? Now, there is a training program in Dallas that is by donation :noway: , but that would be quite a leap to take a training program where you don't know the teacher.

Training? boogaloo.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,699 Member
    Thank God it's Saturday. :smile:
    We went out with friends for dinner last night which helped me let go of self pity. Tonight we are suppose to go have dinner at a friend's house and the kid will have an easter egg hunt. Then tomorrow is church and lunch afterwards at the pastor's house. So lots of going. Unfortunately I am not feeling well so I hope I don't pass on any germs. I'm not so sure it's allergies at this point. :ohwell:
    I had planned to work on my car today but not sure that stirring up dust is such a good idea with a sore throat. I am about to go for a walk, by myself this time. So that will be nice. Hope it helps. It's the sixth time I've been sick since Christmas. I guess stress does wreak havoc on the body.
    On the go boogaloo!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I just got back from my yoga-pilates class. I love the slow, breathe in, breathe out philosophy style of the teacher. I almost didn't go, because I'm still very sore from the strength training class on Thursday (although less sore than I'd be if I hadn't forced myself to use lighter weights than my ego wanted to). As soon as she put us in a position that stretched our pectoral muscles, I was grateful to be there. Although, my abs may curse it tomorrow.:tongue:

For the rest of the day, I'm going to try to do three more little uncluttering projects (I've got a huge list of little but gratifying tasks that take 5-10 minutes.) This morning I bagged up an entire grocery plastic bag of expired over the counter meds and vitamins that were lurking in the medicine cabinet and a kitchen drawer...I think I can take them to the pharmacy for disposal. (?) It's amazing how stuff just piles up without you realizing it.

I may also go for a walk, since it's summer outside.

Early summer boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Happy Easter Everyone!

Ok, after today, no sweets for a while. I have a friend having a 40th birthday party next Sunday, and I may/may not have dessert that day - other than that, I'm holding off. I've had way too many. Dinner was wonderful last night though - most of my fellow diners said it was the best meal they've ever had. Mine was mushrooms and other veggies in a beurre blanc sauce.

My exercise yesterday was easy. Easy yoga, easy bike ride, and easy walk. I'd like it a little more challenging today, though I don't think I'll get the bike ride in.

Easter, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Happy Easter, pebbs!

I ate two peeps this a.m. before I remembered "hey, I quit sugar". I too have been slipping in the dessert department. When I just eat at home, I find I don't miss it. Put me in a restaurant, though...and I want it. It used to be the same way when I quit cigarettes. ( :noway: yeah, you heard me.) I never wanted one until I had a drink or a cup of coffee. One habit feeds the other. So, I can quit dessert, I just don't want to.:tongue:

Goals for post- Easter: no more than one dessert a week, and quit eating dinner in front of the TV (this is my worst habit...and I need to just quit it.)

Just got back from the spin bike at the (totally empty due to the holiday and fabulous weather) gym. Rode the spin bike for 60 minutes, and pushed myself hard. Feel good now.

accidental peeps, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.