Looking for NON overly critical, but supportive friends

Options

Replies

• Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    so my biggest issue is happy hours. I work out very well and hard but my work requires me to go to happy hours with customers a couple times a week usually. I have been doing it a long time. Sometimes i want to just go and order water but i dont have the guts to tell my customers. It kills me because not only is it bad calories it kills my willpower when i get home. I do great like the last few days when i dont drink but i go on a sea food diet after I drink. I see Food I eat it :( Wish i was a stronger person and could just have water or something
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:)
  • Michelleladder
    Michelleladder Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm also on round two of this site. The first time I got rid of about 30 pounds or so. This time I'm reaching out for friends to get rid of the rest of the pounds before I reach my goal weight. (Yikes! 60 pounds to go!) I'm the supportive type and only offer advice if asked. Instead I like to hand out encouraging comments! Anyone is free to add me as a friend! Good luck to all!

Remember...

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intentions of finding it again!"
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way- which is why my diary is closed. If I need nutritional feedback, I'll go find a nutritionist, or my dr. I rarely request back dietary feedback, I know what I need to eat and avoid. If someone wants me to look at their diary I will and tell them what I see, but I am certainly not on here to fix anyone else, still working on me!

Congrats on round two!! :)
  • jessgab
    jessgab Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to Add me...We can do it!
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'll be everyone's friend! I've actually never had to deal with overly critical friends, mostly on my bad days people just don't comment :p Then again I have less than 20 friends on here.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You know what? My favorite bread is called Italian Twist bread from the Orlando Baking company. You can only get it in the northeast United States. If I lived there again, I would be eating up some ham sandwiches. Eat what you want, drop the people you don't think are good for you. It's all about making life changing decisions, and sticking with them forever.
  • Tiffany083
    Tiffany083 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's refreshing to read everyone's post because it shows that no two people have the same exact needs. I'm also pleased to see that most people aren't interested in bashing someone's eating habits! Thank you all for restoring my interest with my fitness pal. I also want to thank the old friends that I have because you guys rock. ;) Not trying to alienate you.
  • gabesgourmet
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I figure I can encourage without criticizing!! I have a long trek towards health and would love to have more friends to help me on my way and I can help them on theirs!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me ...... :bigsmile: ... I CAN DO THIS ...YOU CAN DO THIS ...WE CAN DO THIS .....best wishes on your success to a healthier lifestyle
  • audra0831
    Options
    I'm going to send you a friend request - you'll get nothing but support and encouragement from me! :happy:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You (or anyone!) can add me if you want. Right now, I'm going at this with the idea of still eating things I like, just not as much or not as often. Like you, I'm just making little changes and it seems to be working. I'm no one's mommy on here, so I'm not going to be trying to run anyone's meals. I've been on every day since I signed up and love to support and encourage my friends. While there are some jerks, most of the people have been awesome.
  • SweetLillyM
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I eat bread every day and I'm not going to stop either! I've lost 71 pounds so far so obviously it's not keeping me from losing weight either!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm all about "everything in moderation" and not big on criticizing. Feel free to add me. :)
  • fanarad
    fanarad Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree! It's all about helping each other out, putting someone down is NO way to do that! It's one thing to offer suggestions or alternatives but I don't think it's ever ok to put someone down.

I'm in a similar boat with doing a re-start. As of tonight I've decided to lower my goal to losing 1lb a week and eating 1370 calories a day instead of eating the minimum 1200 per day with the hopes of losing 2lbs. I've found myself at a plateau even while eating net 1200 or less AND working out intensely 3-4 times a week! Has anyone else come across a similar problem??

P.S. I would love some new similar friends too, feel free to add :)
  • katreecer
    katreecer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It looks like you have lots of great support already and already making great progress with your weight loss, and while I am new to MFP, I would love to find new friends who would encourage without judgement as well. I am quite set in my preferences, and I love carbs unfortunately. I am working my way through figuring out how to make better food judgements coupled with daily exercise. Please feel free to add me if you wish :)
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend, and any one else who wants to add me. This is my second time around, too. I lost the weight, got lazy and was too embarrassed to keep logging. I'm back to paying attention to what I eat, but I will never have an ideal diet. I hate veggies, almost all of them. I will always eat fast food and pizza. I will have my bacardi and diet coke. I'm 51 years old and will try to eat healthier than I have been, but I don't plan on living my life in denial and deprivation. I know my way works for me because I have lost the weight before, so I'll stick with it. I am certainly in no place to judge anyone. We all have to find our own way on this journey. If being a vegan works for someone, then I'm glad for them. If they want to do strict no carbs, great. I will support my friends as long as they are happy with what they are doing.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I would never criticize your choices. They are YOUR choices. If you ask me a question, I would answer it honestly. I will be happy to support you and I could certainly use your support as well.
  • Tiffany083
    Tiffany083 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed with the positive support, I will welcome new friends any day! Like minds need to stick together. :)
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Non-judgy here, I'll add you! :)