You will weigh .... In 5 weeks!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    One more thing. It calculates from your CURRENT weight....not from your STARTING weight.

It's all about AVERAGES. If you figure out your average daily net calories and plug it in, you'll come up pretty close but remember...it's calculating from your CURRENT weight.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You notice it says "If every day were like today" right? It is just saying if you repeated that day (what you ate and your exercise) every day for the next 5 weeks, by plugging the numbers into their equation you might weigh that much in 5 weeks. Chances are in 5 weeks you're going to (hopefully) eat a whole variety of foods and do a whole bunch of different types of exercise. It is simply an estimate based on one day to be used as motivation to keep going or to do better.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I consistently lose more than it says I will. MFP greatly underestimates my BMR and TDEE. Currently I'm losing half a pound per week and MFP thinks I should be gaining weight.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Totally not accurate at all for me. If so I would have hit 110lbs 3 weeks ago.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't know because I don't track it, but I think I'll start adding a note to my diary to see if it matches up in five weeks.
  • cmf43147
    cmf43147 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I understand that the calculation is based upon the net calories for that day. While it can be a great motivator or not, I think a more
    meaningful calculation would be ...if you met your daily caloric goal your weight in 5 weeks would be ???. Better still show both
    figures. I have, for just S&G's, forced my net calories to be equal to my goal and the difference is significant be the net over or
    under the goal. :ohwell:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Since it changes daily based on calories that day, and everyone varies a bit daily, I would think it is a general estimate. Could be more or less depending on your consistency.