Does anyone believe this?

Options

Replies

• happynatasha56
    Options
    i'm sorry..I thought we were supposed to be supportive of each other's goals?? :ohwell:

You want us to support you in stressing about comparing yourself to a celebrity's weight?

I don't think she was necessarily comparing herself to the celebrity. She was trying to get an understanding of that body type and have a goal in mind, I thought. Can you really blame her in trying to understand if a 112lb body typically looks like whoever that lady is? Of course, we're all different, we all have different bodies, yadda-yadda. But a guide isn't a bad thing.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    534805_10151437982424241_741103795_n.jpg
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    the nastiness in this thread is kind of ridiculous. people really do seem to have a chip on their shoulder about nothing.

it's ok. i'm not really bothered by it.
    Could someone post the pic of Robert Conrad with the battery on his shoulder at this point? I ain't that smart to be able to do it.

this?
    MV5BMTc0NDg1MDc0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDA5NDM2._V1._SX450_SY304_.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    LMFAO....wheird you are sooooooo....well, wheird!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    534805_10151437982424241_741103795_n.jpg

I just ugly donkey laughed at this.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Robert Conrad with a battery on his shoulder.

robert_zps10e9ed42.jpg
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I can't see any of the robert Conrad pics? Bummer.

Edit: I see them now.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    r2aXD3p.gif

tumblr_m3dyljXiml1r4ghkoo1_250.gif

ZQMMWn8.gif
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    This is some funny *kitten*.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry..I thought we were supposed to be supportive of each other's goals?? :ohwell:

You want us to support you in stressing about comparing yourself to a celebrity's weight?

I don't think she was necessarily comparing herself to the celebrity. She was trying to get an understanding of that body type and have a goal in mind, I thought. Can you really blame her in trying to understand if a 112lb body typically looks like whoever that lady is? Of course, we're all different, we all have different bodies, yadda-yadda. But a guide isn't a bad thing.

Honestly, I think guides are a double-edged sword. If you have poor perception of yourself, it can be nice to see how others look at similar weights/heights/measurements. However, it can also contribute to poor body image. The one site (that everyone seems to post) where people upload their pictures to height/weight/body type is relying on women's self-image; you get bananas under hourglass, hourglass under pears, and pictures of EDs without filter. On the site OP mentioned, the site flat out says, "I cannot verify the reliability of this data." I once stumbled across a gossip blog with hundreds of thousands of hits determining celebrity's body types that flat out said, "Marilyn Monroe was really more of a banana," when even scientists have pointed out her measurements as being an "unusually extreme hourglass." It's the internet; guides should be taken with a grain of salt (even the link posted to body fat % could be slightly skewed; I've seen three other guides on reputable fitness blogs where the "20%" and "25%" BF pics for women had vast differences.

We all have different bodies, and people can carry their weight differently, but comparing one's body or weight to a celebrity who a.) Has an entirely different lifestyle geared towards getting a particular body, b.) Is photoshopped in many pictures, c.) Has a publicist putting out an unrealistic height/weight (Tom Cruise's official height is still 5'7") and/or d.) Has media and the public making speculations on their figures that are merely speculations, seems like the less healthy option than saying, "I want to set a goal for making myself healthier/thinner/fitter/whatever based off how I look and feel in my own opinion." As in, comparing oneself to no one else but oneself.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I'll be back. I need to do my taxes.

This will involve a lot of cursing.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    who the hell cares how much some random person weighs?

This comment cracked me up. LMBO...
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I adore Miranda Lambert's curves and would love to have her body but I don't think she weight 112lbs. but I found this on a few different sights. Does anyone believe it's true?

http://www.celebritiesheight.com/miranda-lambert-height-and-weight/

no way. she is adorable and looks great, but not 112.

and Sandra Bullock at 110, not as well. she is gorgeous and thin, but not 110.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I know that pictures are photo shopped but either way I have always thought she had great curves. I saw her perform at "The Grammy's" on T.V. tonight and was just curious if I could find something on the internet about how tall she was and possibly what she weighed. Either way she looks great and was just curious. Apparently, some of you read way more into this then what was needed.
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    who the hell cares how much some random person weighs?

Why go onto the forum in the first place...if you can't say anything, say nothing at all. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have looked

This is the most ridiculous response I've ever heard. The title of this thread is what pulls people in, and if the OP didn't want people to comment (positive or negative) she shouldn't have made the thread to begin with.
  • TastesLikeChicken
    TastesLikeChicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You are inspiring!
  • 1964Lynn
    Options
    This has entertained me for 15 min.lol :laugh:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how much Arnold weighs? :happy:
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When I was 5'4" (actually, I'm still 5'4", ha ha), and had almost the same measurements - 35-28-36 (ok, an inch bigger in all of them), I weighed 150 pounds. Yeah, 150 . I did carry a lot of muscle back then. 112 seems kind of low, but who knows, everyone carries it differently, I guess.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I seriously just got deja vu.