Does Anyone do Their Own Taxes?

Options
pg3ibew
pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
I am doing mine now. I am getting bashed about the head, face, neck and chest area.

Replies

• Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I do but I'm assuming you are in a different country so might be different
  • Tamtamz76
    Options
    Every year! But mine aren't complicated so...
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I always do my own and I am the basher not the bashee!!!
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I always do mine for free through Turbo Tax. Always get some money back, they're never complicated. Guess I'm just lucky. :tongue:
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I do my own and have for 12 years. :) Ours are easy.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've been doing mine since I was 16. I usually end up doing other people's too :laugh:
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yep already got mine done this year, should be in the bank Weds according to website :)
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am doing mine now. I am getting bashed about the head, face, neck and chest area.

My questions is: did you log the extra calories burned from all the bashing about?
  • rvhorsburgh
    rvhorsburgh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have done mine for 20 years and they are COM-PLi-CATED!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I've done mine for 29 years - EZ through 1040 with multiple forms/schedules and used paper forms until we finally upgraded to Turbo Tax last year.

This year, I'm ready to throw in the towel and pay someone as I absolutely cannot figure out some terms. Going to call the IRS tomorrow and ask them as TT has been no help whatsoever.

If i had ice cream in the house, I'd drown my frustration right now
  • pg3ibew
    Options

My questions is: did you log the extra calories burned from all the bashing about?

I get to eat extra ice cream when I am done getting bashed. But it will probably be after midnight. So, I ill have to figure out how to do it. Especially because I am throwing up right now. This calorie thing is almost as complicated as this tax thing. Oh MY!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Turbo Tax is the way to go
    Anything else is way to slow.

Pay my taxes and move along
    They way their spent is oh so wrong.

What or What am I to do
    Don't turn to food when I am blue.

Just hit the send button!
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I make a decent salary. Not rich, but decent. But according to my friends at the IRS, I am subject to the AMT. Which basically wipes out all of my deductions. To the point, I can't even claim the college tuition for my sons. And I also lose any credits for them as well. So, I am taking an even bigger hit by NOT claiming them and letting them claim themselves, so they can get a maximum refund by claiming on their own and their college tuition. At least they will do alright.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I do mine through H and R Block website download.
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    I use turbo tax...Buy I always owe...Instead of the IRS holding my money...I up my exemptions to the max during the year and put it in my 401k. Why give the government an interest free loan..
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I use turbo tax...Buy I always owe...Instead of the IRS holding my money...I up my exemptions to the max during the year and put it in my 401k. Why give the government an interest free loan..

I hit the MAX in my 401k every year. It doesn't seem to help. I also only claim Married 1. It has been a regular bash fest here the last 2 years. This is year 3 of bashing.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I’ve used Turbo Tax for about 30 years, some pretty complicated, like a divorce, alimony, child support, purchase and sale of five homes, capitol gains,cashing in on deferred comp, money markets, etc. I just follow the instructions and find it very easy. I’ve never been audited but I only claim what I can and don’t play games with the IRS.
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Seeing that my daughter-in-law is a business major and does taxes during the tax season, I defer to her expertise. That way she also has a clue what's happening as we get older....
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yep, but mine are simple at this point in life