Is it possible to have a flat abdomen after pregnancy?

Options
2»

Replies

• RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You need to find what works for your body. I "Eat dirty", high carb, zero cardio, and didn't do crunches until a week ago. I lift heavy and eat 2200+ calories a day while hitting my bodyweight in grams of protein daily (well, I hit a weekly target if I have slack days.)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and have two kids age 5 & 7. They weighed in at 8lbs 13oz.

It is possible. :)

Two kids, in her 30's and has the hottest abs on MFP. So not only can women have flat stomachs after having kids, that can have fantastic stomachs. Hard work+dedication-excuses=Results
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 kids and have worked very hard esp after having my 3rd one. My abs aren't the same as they were 10 years ago but they are there. Loose skin covers alot if making it hard to see visibly
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Even when I lost a ton of weight and had a 'flat' somach I always had the loose skin there that never went away so it wasnt a pretty tummy. Possible to have a flat tummy yes. But the skin and stretch marks part if thats a problems for you depends on genetics unfortunately...
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and have two kids age 5 & 7. They weighed in at 8lbs 13oz.

It is possible. :)

Two kids, in her 30's and has the hottest abs on MFP. So not only can women have flat stomachs after having kids, that can have fantastic stomachs. Hard work+dedication-excuses=Results

you are too kind sweetie! There are so many women on here that have amazing abs... it is totally possible!
    :flowerforyou:
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Def a sexy mummy tummy!! Now that's some hard work and dedication right there!! (Mireygal)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have 4 kids (3 c-sections) and I'm 45 years old.

Don't waste your time on crunches. Lose your weight with diet and cardio, and lift heavy. Squats and deadlifts are the secret.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Don't waste your time on crunches. Lose your weight with diet and cardio, and lift heavy. Squats and deadlifts are the secret.

This. I haven't done crunches in years! I have two kids and my stomach is flat.
  • Motria
    Motria Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 5'6" and we have similar weight goals. I went from 134 to 128 in the past month, most of which came off my gut. I want to lose another 3-5 lbs., but my stomach is already definitely flatter than it was at 134 (as seen in my icky profile pic.) BTW, I'm 42 and had 2 kids via c/s, younger one is now 2-1/2.

Thanks to the buff ladies for responding! I dunno whether a 6-pack is in my future, but good to know there's hope. :drinker:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Bumping for mommy inspiration!