5 FOODS NEVER TO EAT

Options

Replies

• zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree with the everything in moderation. My personal experience is that it is something that you are craving, go for a piece of it. There is something in the ingredients there that your body wants, so let yourself have a small helping.
  • Brookesworld104
    Brookesworld104 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Soy, Whole Wheat Bread, Orange Juice, Artificial Sweeteners...thats all I remember
  • fluffyfoxx
    Options
    I watched it. It was stuff I already knew. Margarine/fake butter, Artificial Sweeteners, Soy, Wheat Bread, Juice. I never ate any of these anyway. They mainly say not to eat these because they are so processed. They are the foods people believe to be healthy but are not. Hope that helps!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I remember 2 of them. That's all I made it thru!...
    1. Orange Juice
    2. Whole Wheat Bread

What is wrong with whole wheat bread? I thought that was the healthy bread to eat. If not, which bread is the best to have?

not necessairly anything 'wrong' with it. but it has the same GI as white bread and is pretty close in every other nutritional aspect. whole wheat bread is basically the same as white nutritionally speaking, with perhaps a marginally lower GI
  • Brookesworld104
    Brookesworld104 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wheat bread causes an insulin spike. The only "good" kind of bread is sprouted whole grain (like Ezekiel Bread) but warning... it is dry as bricks and nasty
  • Beastx10
    Options
    OP make sure you take the advice from all the "experts" on here. After all they know everything and are very helpful. Their answers are very serious.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what these ate without me having to sit though a 20 minute video? I can't seem to get through it. :happy: Thanks!

Don't worry. There is NO SUCH THING as a food you can't eat, unless you have some allergy or medical condition.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    I watched it. It was stuff I already knew. Margarine/fake butter, Artificial Sweeteners, Soy, Wheat Bread, Juice. I never ate any of these anyway. They mainly say not to eat these because they are so processed. They are the foods people believe to be healthy but are not. Hope that helps!

its pretty much common sense although many will find the whole wheat thing eye opening. if for no other reason then the fact that general mills is spending a lot of money to make the public think theres a huge advantage in eating whole wheat.

also don't know why soy is supposed to be bad.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think one of them is bananas...but I couldnt swear to it...an awful lot of mumbo jumbo of which I have obviously retained very little, lol
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    there five food catagories. they actually tell you them right in th begining.

the whole message is basically eat whole foods, foods with as close to one ingredient as possilbe.

they are selling a diet book and unlimited access to a website for 50 bucks.

they don't tell you not to eat banana's, they tell you to eat as much real fruit as you want (but not fruit juice with added sugar)

apparently the internet has robbed people of even a 5 min attention span.

I tried watching that thing and it is WAY more than 5 minutes. I only got through wheat bread, orange juice and margarine.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

its pretty much common sense although many will find the whole wheat thing eye opening. if for no other reason then the fact that general mills is spending a lot of money to make the public think theres a huge advantage in eating whole wheat.

also don't know why soy is supposed to be bad.

I eat Soy. Nothing wrong with it at all. A lot of my ancestors did too so I think it is okay. :laugh:
  • Caitychuu
    Caitychuu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Every body is different and reacts differently to certain diet styles/fitness styles. You need to figure out what your body needs as opposed to what it wants. Don't listen to what you should or shouldn't eat. Everything is fine as long as you have it in moderation.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I saw the video but don't remember because it was just a load of crap advertising
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    chickpeas! why do they even exist?

For me to eat a tub of hummus in one sitting, that's why!!! :laugh:
  • shivaslives
    Options

to make hummus
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Simple Carbs, sugar, juices (the kind you buy in stores), soy, and process foods.
  • shivaslives
    Options
    Soy? Really? You're not buying into the phyto-estrogen arguments, are you?
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    I tried watching that thing and it is WAY more than 5 minutes. I only got through wheat bread, orange juice and margarine.

i'm pretty sure the foods are about 5 min and she rattles them off in one sentance. Plus they are all sitting on the table in front of her. so if you made it to the margrin you saw everything.

by the fact that a lot of people seem to think they are telling you not to eat bananas, no ones really paid any attention to it at all, or they are totally brain dead
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

For Hummus, of course.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Anything is good in moderation within the context of a balanced and macro/micronutrient sufficient diet.

I am forced to vehemently disagree, as least to a limited degree. Cauliflower sushi is not good no matter how much you eat. Except for that I agree, everything else in moderation.

I am forced to disagree with you (although I do most respectfully and am in no way bullying or being mean to you..everyone is different after all) - pineapple should never be included in a diet - it tastes horrible and it's horribleness contaminates everything it touches.

Pineapple is amazing! And on pizza, omg heavenly. Ps I have incredible stomach envy.

Where is that gagging smiley? However..you are forgiven...and thank you.