Yet Another "Why Women Should Lift" Thread

Options
My highest weight was around 213, possibly a tad higher. I am 6' tall. I started out on MFP in August 2011 at around the 200lb mark. The pic below is me at my heaviest. I was busting out of my size 16s and should have been in an 18.

spT4NVU.jpg?1?9739

I was pretty happy with how I looked when I reached my goal weight. I felt good. I was lifting some and running. I liked being able to keep up with my kids and feel capable of handling things on my own. 45 lbs bag of dog food? No problem! *throws over shoulder* :happy:

I kept at it though. I wanted to do more, feel better, look healthier. I'd be lying if I said vanity didn't play a role, but really, it's all about health for me. I've overcome challenges, more than a lot of people. And I have more coming my way. But you know what? I will get through these just like I have in the past, only this time I am stronger.

In the pics below, the one on the left is the day I reached my goal weight of 155, in Dec. 2011. The pic on the right is from yesterday. I currently weigh 155lbs. I was in a size 12 in the pic on the left. The pic on the right I'm in a size 6/8. I'm still running, but now I've been lifting heavy as well. It is amazing to me how different I look and feel!

425992_10200558890993932_1811429064_n.jpg

LIFT GIRLS!!!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• GypsyNrs4Evr
    GypsyNrs4Evr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I SO NEEDED THIS INSPIRATION TODAY!!! THANK YA SHUG!!! :flowerforyou: AWESOME JOB!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Love this! :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! I am tall too (5'10") and get frustrated about how many pounds I have to lose before seeing a size change. I really like lifting weights and this gives me another reason to keep doing it.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation. Thank you for sharing. My scale has not moved much but my body is looking better in the mirror because of working out. This just gives me more encouragement to continue!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I needed this today too!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Love this!! :drinker:
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference! Im now completely convinced. I need to woman up and lift!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    We pick heavy things up... then we put them down. And it makes us look and feel great! :smile:

Thanks for the inspiration.
  • hagofnaedre
    hagofnaedre Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!

I've really been wanting to lift weights myself, but I'm totally chicken to go to a gym and do it :3 So afraid of looking like an idiot. Gotta get over it eventually!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Wow, impressive results!
  • msalec33
    Options
    Wow! This is amazing! I'm 6' also and I definitely needed this inspiration today! Thank you for sharing!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just starting lifting a couple weeks ago, hope I have the same results as you. Fantastic job
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!! Way to go!!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! You look great.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Really needed this! Thank you!!

And congratulations you look AMAZING!
  • karenboy29687
    karenboy29687 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I got my lift on today :-)
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I <3 heavy lifting!!!
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! These are the posts that help many folks SEE the difference. All of us want to LOOK and FEEL good and that is much more important than only hitting a specified weight on the scale. My wife works out regularly at home about 6 days per week and alternates lifting with a variety of cardio and Jillian type DVDs and it keeps her fit. She's not where she wants to be but she her weight lifting has her looking good. I will show her your post to remind her how important lifting is for everyone.

Keep up the fantastic work!
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!