Yet Another "Why Women Should Lift" Thread

Options

Replies

• Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I started lifting heavy and clean eating two weeks ago. Gave heavy cardio a rest for the time being. I truly hope to see the same kind of results. I have also STOPPED getting on the scale completely.

You look amazing. I'm so glad I started this because it seems you really do transform your body by lifting!!! Great job! :smile:
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!!!!

Im lifting heavy havent seen a change on the scale since I started January the 2nd but my clothes are definitely more loose. Just gotta keep reminding myself not to let the scale rule my head.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing :) It's also great to see another tall girl with success photos because I'm just over 6'1" and have a hard time figuring out what I'm "supposed to" (or can) look like.
  • alisonsurf
    alisonsurf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look great, it is really inspiring to see the difference without losing weight.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am so very proud of you and all of the hard work you have put in!! You, my dear friend, are beautiful, both inside and out, xoxo. :heart:
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support and encouragement! For those who've asked, I'm following Stronglifts 5x5. I lift 3-4 days a week usually. (okay, i TRY to lift 3-4 days a week!)

Also, I feel like I should mention that I'm not really taking new friends right now. Just going through some stuff in my personal life, and I'd like to keep to my small little group for now. I really do appreciate it though!

:flowerforyou:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!!!!

Im lifting heavy havent seen a change on the scale since I started January the 2nd but my clothes are definitely more loose. Just gotta keep reminding myself not to let the scale rule my head.

Wise words. I started in January and have lost 6lbs... but more importantly two inches off my waist. Give me inches any day of the week ;)
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!!! you rock!!:smile:
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    grats on the amazing transformation!!! i agree 100% that more women should lift but i need to add that those same women also need to up their calorie goals (especially protein) i seen too many women going to the gym to lift but end up not being able to due to the fact that they still eat with a calorie deficit diet easy equation : lift heavy + eat more = nice bod !

:D
  • sbussard
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, you truly look amazing!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Why should women lift?

Because it's hot.

end thread.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I love these 'women lifting' threads! I want to start heavy lifting after I have my baby and get the green light from the doc to do so! You ladies are inspiring :)
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I LOVE seeing these before & after lifting pics! I'm continually amazed at how much difference it can make without a single digit budging on the scale. Thanks so much for posting and keep up the great work!
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! I am going to start the lifting again. I have had a few years off due to medical issues but I believe that lifting will help me recoup that much better plus strengthen me.

Thank you for the inspiration!
  • GlowstickGirl
    GlowstickGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! This sooo inspiring!

I'm 5'11" and currently 194, hoping to get back down to 160. I was kind of doubting I could ever look like this, but looking at you makes me sure I can! Thank you for sharing. :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I heart lifting!!!
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I love lifting, too. I am 55. Started lifting pretty seriously at 41. Stopped for about 8 years and took it up again in November. In addition to toning and slimming, it also helps with the aging thing, something that wasn't really a big concern at 41 and is increasingly so at 55. Aging is essentially loss of strength. There are just so many benefits. Doctors tell me now to do more reps and use lighter weights, but I was amazed how soon I adjusted to lifting again after such a long break.

You look awesome!!
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Awesome success story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!