Stop Posting About Valentines Day

Options

Replies

• __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    Hey whats all my MFP peeps doing for Valentimes Day?!?!?!
    Ignoring it!!
    If you can not show someone you love them every day, one is not going to help!!

Same thoughts here. Although I get to take an awesome two year old to a Valentine's Day playdate :)
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I get to pick up my daughter's Girl Scout Cookie orders on Valentine's Day!! :bigsmile:

We have an awesome bakery/sweets shop where I live, and I'm thinking about getting my husband some dark chocolate dipped strawberries. They are his favorite!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    But....

This is a thread about Valentines Day?

dwight_schrute.gif

You're going to be be my valentine, right? You, me, triple stuffed oreos, a closet filled with very fashionable clothes.....
  • kumanekochan
    kumanekochan Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have an eye doctor appointment on Valentine's Day. So romantic. :heart:

That’s better than an appointment with the gynecologist on V-Day!!!

Me too, I realized AFTER i made the appointment the date. hahaha
    I also have lab work in the morning
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Valentimes day is my favoritest day ever. I luv valentimes.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    This is the first one I've seen...
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mi0w0889xS1s2ra4jo2_250.gif
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    fo1xrn.jpg
    PRECIOUS!
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Personally I havent cared for Valentine's day in almost 12 years. There is a long story behind that though.
    same here, had a bad day one V-day and since have not cared for it , and thats great because my husband hates it!! However I may buy 50% reduced price chocolates!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Hmm... I have a dentist appointment... nothing like a good teeth cleaning before eating a bunch of candy. :heart:
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    But....

This is a thread about Valentines Day?

dwight_schrute.gif

This pic always cracks me up! I love Dwight!
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    hah! so does my son...at least its not a holiday where everythings closed!
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have to work serving Valentine's Dinner on Valentine's Day for a party my job is having. Fun times. I honestly am not bothered by it. I'm more looking forward to my intense 3 mile run afterward.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This is the first one I've seen...

Me too...... I think I will watch The Untouchables, as I don't have The St. Valentines Day Massacre on Blue-ray.. :bigsmile:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I am ALL OVER this v-day stuff...i have it in the bag and it's gonna be the BEST day ever for 27 little midgets...

we're talking 3D foil valentines day cards with GUM......

we're talking hysteria you haven't seen the likes of since the beatles came to america....

my daughter will be queen of the v-day event....

........oh you meant me? (shrugs) I ain't got time for that.... maybe pick up some lotion and batteries....

you know...keeping it real.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Valentines day makes us single people depressed. But I love how much little kids love it!

This.Well,part of this.I love that my kids love give their little cards out to their friends....and I am thrilled to be single!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Valentines Day drives me crazy as well. Maybe it's because I'm single... or maybe it's just because I think people should show others they love them everyday and not just one day a year. Who knows... All I know is that I'm crawling in bed on Thursday and not getting out. LOL.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Must say I love Valentine's Day.... even when I was single it meant the day after all the chocolates were discounted.... and since I wasn't counting calories back then I was all for looking for the CLEARANCE sign within a day or two of the holiday.
    And when I wasn't single.... well then they were free!!! Because who ever was in my life had better remember the chocolates. :love:

I don't even celebrate on that day.... too many people.... hubby & I go out the day before because our irk is caused by a 2 hour wait for a plate of pasta I can get in 10 minutes the day before the holiday. :wink:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    All I have to say about Valentine's Day is that I have 2 Scorpio babies as a result...

LOL, my friend has 3. I keep meaning to ask her husband..."Just exactly WHAT do you give her for valentines day?!?"

yeah and even though it's kind of over for us already spent too much money on other things i have decided to consider as gifts, i still have to keep it on my mind because there's those tiny little cards to take to school. When I was young and single I just pretended i was a kid and did those little cards once in awhile whenever i was feeling scroogey about it. Other times i just went out with a male friend who would NEVER be attracted to me, if you know what I mean. and finally i have some memories of being too close in range with a recent up and down relationship with the "love of my life" to be able to get through it without copious amounts of alcohol, some nightclub dancing, premature pda with strangers, and a little bit of drunk dialing thrown in "just for kicks"!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Well- I had made dinner reservations, but then my S.O decided to take an extra shift at work. So I have a dr's appointment to look forward too and sending out love notes to my favorite people.

It's you're choice whether or not to let a hallmark holiday define your mood.