Stop Posting About Valentines Day

Options

Replies

• jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I don't even celebrate on that day.... too many people.... hubby & I go out the day before because our irk is caused by a 2 hour wait for a plate of pasta I can get in 10 minutes the day before the holiday. :wink:

Hahaha! Ditto!! My husband and I are talking about going out to dinner next Sat night. We went out on VD several years ago and had to wait for 3 hours to eat. If we weren't with another couple we would never had agreed to that! CRAZY!! :noway: :grumble:
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it have been easier to post a topic that read 'Desperately seeking attention from strangers'? Then follow it with a post that says, 'LOOK multiple pictures of my cleavage!'
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Personally I havent cared for Valentine's day in almost 12 years. There is a long story behind that though.
    same here, had a bad day one V-day and since have not cared for it , and thats great because my husband hates it!! However I may buy 50% reduced price chocolates!!

Half-priced chocolate on 2/15 is a family tradition at our house. :bigsmile:
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Valentines day makes us single people depressed. But I love how much little kids love it!

That's a shame. & the public has made it that way b/c it shouldn't be about having a date. It's about loving those you care about. Family, friend's, even classmates can share valentines day with you, but like every other holiday people make it about buying stuff for people & being with some1 like a boyfriend or girlfriend. SMH
    The Vday threads are annoying because most are about "what are you buying?" "What you should get her/him" blah blah blah. So materialistic
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'll spend it with my love, all day long... while the kids are at school YEAH!!!!!
  • vhines5
    vhines5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am ALL OVER this v-day stuff...i have it in the bag and it's gonna be the BEST day ever for 27 little midgets...

we're talking 3D foil valentines day cards with GUM......

we're talking hysteria you haven't seen the likes of since the beatles came to america....

my daughter will be queen of the v-day event....

........oh you meant me? (shrugs) I ain't got time for that.... maybe pick up some lotion and batteries....

you know...keeping it real.

OMG! I damn near pee'd myself... LMAO!!!!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have an eye doctor appointment on Valentine's Day. So romantic. :heart:

I have a CPR course and a dentist appointment.
    Romance levels off the chart!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I like how the Anti-"What are you doing for Valentine's Day" thread has turned into another "What are you doing for Valentine's Day" thread :heart:

By the way, I'm single... and I don't care that I'm single on Valentine's Day. No big deal.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hey whats all my MFP peeps doing for Valentimes Day?!?!?!
    Ignoring it!!
    If you can not show someone you love them every day, one is not going to help!!

I hate those statements. Just because you celebrate Valentines Day doesn't mean you don't show your significant other that you love them everyday. I for one love my Husband very much, tell him and show him everyday. We still celebrate Valentines Day....why not?
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Are you complaining because you are bitter that you have no Valentine? That seems to be the common denominator for those complaining about it.

If the day makes you sad, then you have a bigger problem no one here at MFP can fix. Get off the forums and get outside.

Last time I checked quite a few of us lived in America; which gives us the right to talk about whatever we want to.

If you dont want to talk about Valentines Day, dont click on the links. OR, even better, dont start your own for attention.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    a) why do people keep posting the exact same thing every single day over and over and over and over again!

What's "B" ?
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options

I have a gynecology appointment that day. I'd rather have the eye appointment!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    That’s better than an appointment with the gynecologist on V-Day!!!

I've had appointments with my gynecologist on a couple of Valentine's days. I don't have one this year... Guess that means there won't be anyone getting into my pants on V-Day this year. :flowerforyou:
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    V day is totally overrated! Besides, shouldn't we love our partner EVERY DAY?? :heart: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :blushing: :heart:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    a) why do people keep posting the exact same thing every single day over and over and over and over again!

What's "B" ?

....I've been wondering this as well.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    people that think drinking tea is the same as drinking water

and

people that take no responsibility for their actions/lives/anything and are completely dependant on the actions of others
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I do not care for this upcoming holiday.

I won't even mention its name...at our house we refer to it as "That Holiday That Shall Not Be Named."

I am married, not single. And it's not like the hubs ever forgot the day when we used to celebrate it, but I have to tell you...we got a clue when the first four or five ended badly - either someone in the hospital or sick as dogs by the end of said day. Stitches, gastro bugs hitting at THAT (yes, THAT) crucial moment, pneumonia, falls with injuries.

I hope and pray for the first thirteen days of the month that cupid and his little accident/illness inducing poison tipped arrow flies right over the house and doesn't notice us at all!
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I might have ummm maybe bought a little special "outfit" for Valentines day... and hoping I get the nerve up to actually wear it....
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    But....

This is a thread about Valentines Day?

dwight_schrute.gif

You're going to be be my valentine, right? You, me, triple stuffed oreos, a closet filled with very fashionable clothes.....

Of course!!!
    It's going to be EPIC
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Personally I havent cared for Valentine's day in almost 12 years. There is a long story behind that though.
    same here, had a bad day one V-day and since have not cared for it , and thats great because my husband hates it!! However I may buy 50% reduced price chocolates!!

Glad I'm not alone.