My first NSV!

Options
13»

Replies

• schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work, and keep feeling proud of yourself for ALL the effort! Also, keep posting and getting positive feedback from the MFP community - that's what we're here for!
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That isn't a small NSV in the least! In fact, I'd say it's a pretty darned huge NSV!

I started walking last January... I could just manage walking around the block. And I was so self-conscious about it at first that I went when I knew others wouldn't be out and about. I was so proud of those first few walks. And then the first time I went on the multi-use trail... and then the first time I managed a whole mile and then two. It was that pride that kept me going.

Revel in it! Be proud of it!

You deserve to be :)
  • smartin5994
    smartin5994 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Congrats on the NSV! I agree, the first step is the hardest. I know, I am there myself. I walked 30 min this morning on the treadmill for the first time in forever. Hopefully you (and I) can do it again tomorrow!
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great Job
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    So for most this would likely seem like a very small thing, But today was the first time I got up and went for a walk after I said I would. Im living with family at the moment and though they mean well they make healthy eating and exercise very difficult and I was determined to get up and go out before anyone was even awake. So far I can only walk 20-30 mins with out dying but its a start and Im proud of myself for sticking to it so far ^^.

Great job. From little acorns, mighty oak trees grow.

Daily walking is how started, because I'd got so out of shape that I could no longer jog to save my life. That was five months and nearly 40 pounds ago. I moved on from 15-20 minute walks to the couch to 5k program. I finished C25k this morning with a 4 mile run. It's incredible the what you can do if you challenge yourself with small, progressive increases each week.

Now make promise yourself you will stick with it, and reap the rewards.
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! it can be very difficult to do the right things when we are around others that aren't on the 'same page." Just keep your goals in mind and know that YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!
  • MFree36
    Options
    It takes courage to do something that others are not. Congratulations on your first day stepping out. Keep that feeling inside of you. Know that we are all thinking of you andyour success for tomorrow. Way to go today! Nothing is small, all things are significant.
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A few of my NSVs

I have walked a total of 150 miles since Christmas
    My pants size has gone from 48 to size 40 since August
    I now fit well in theater seats
    More stores have clothing for sale that fits me
    No more High Blood Pressure medicine
    One Diabetes med gone, the other cut in half
    A1c has gone from a 7.0 to a 5.3
    Less joint pain even with the increased walking
    Feel good about myself, my progress and the decisions I have made.
  • Boobarella2
    Options
    Wow! thanks guys I really apreciate the support! Im kinda shy which is why I want to come out of my shell a little here, hence postiong my NSV. I am definatly planning on getting up and doing the same thing tomorrow, and all your support only makes me want this so much more!
    Thanks everyone!!! ^^
  • bjrowles
    bjrowles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is great for you, walk a little bit more each time. Asfor eating, just cut down on portions if
    you have no control on what is prepared. Drink lots of water.
  • bjrowles
    bjrowles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is great, keep up the good, no, great work
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It may not seem that walking longer will happen but anything is a start. Great job and keep up the good work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!