What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
12346»

Replies

• iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Every weekend I make a dozen scrambled egg muffins so I have breakfast all week long. I eat 2 muffins, one slice of toast with a small amount of fruit spread, and coffee with milk.

Egg Muffins:

4 large eggs whole
    2 1/4 cups liquid egg whites
    10 slices low fat/low sodium canadian bacon (or meat of choice)
    1 1/2 - 2 cups mushrooms
    1 1/2 - 2 cups jalapeno peppers (or bell peppers)
    4 stalks green onion
    1/2 - 1 cup low fat grated cheese (sometimes I use feta)
    season to my liking with:
    fresh ground peppercorns, cayanne, paprika, and onion or garlic powder
    Lately I've been adding 1/2 cup ground flax seed.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pans (large-sized muffins) with olive oil non-stick spray. Beat eggs and egg whites, then add seasonings and ground flax. I use a ladle to evenly distribute egg mixture into muffin cups leaving 1/3 of mixture to top off. Add meat and veggies evenly to each individual muffin cup. Sprinkle with cheese then top off with remaining egg mixture. I sprinkle with paprika, pepper, and/or parsley flakes before placing in oven. Bake for about 20 mins - check with toothpick after 15 mins. Makes 12 large muffins.

Adjust recipe to your own liking and nutritional needs. Easy pre-made breakfast. Just pop in microwave for 1 minute and there you have it!
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Rice cake with peanut butter yoplait lite nuts and cheese
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    eggs + whites, generally fried in coconut oil; sometimes served with Canadian bacon, with plain Greek yogurt incorporated, or with wilted greens (spinach, kale); sometimes prepared as an omelet or frittata (feta, mushrooms, spinach, onion); sometimes sunny side-up or poached and eaten over whole-grain toast

oats (old-fashioned or multi-grain), dried cranberries, almond slices, egg whites (added protein), and ground cinnamon my favorite additions; overnight oats (a combination of oats, yogurt, milk, and fruit softened in the refrigerator overnight); sometimes buckwheat porridge as an alternative

cinnamon-stevia quinoa

quinoa fried "rice"; pre-prepared quinoa, sauteed onions, vegetable of choice (I typically opt for spinach or frozen peas), eggs, soy sauce, and seasonings to taste (garlic powder, black pepper)

green smoothies

fruit and yogurt

cottage cheese- or cream cheese-based pancakes (search Pinterest for "protein pancakes," "grain-free pancakes," "gluten-free pancakes," etc., and many low-carb pancake variations will result)

leftovers!