Stressing, Should I Get Ex Valentine Flowers?

Options

Replies

• waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If she's with someone else, it's over. And if it's over then no flowers, candy or anything else. Just say bye bye and find a new valentine.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    no flowers. you give someone you are in a relationship with or persuing a relationship with flowers for valentines day, period.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Uh. Vote #300 for "No" and "Hell NO"

Move on. It's over for a reason. Sorry things aren't working out so well in her new relationship that she had to find some old "comfort" but I'm sure you are better than that.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is giving sound advice. Let the past stay in the past. When you find someone who is right for you, she won't matter anymore. I know that sounds hard to believe, but I spent so much time mourning a relationship that was broken off for two years that I could never fully pull away. Then I met the love of my life and I can't imagine ever going back.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Also, flowers are not really emotional support.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    How would you feel if your girlfriend's ex sent her flowers for VDay?

Don't make things uncomfortable for her because then she'll fully push you away.

This this this this. My fiancé's ex sent him flowers on their wedding anniversary (100% passive aggressive in intent, she's a terrible person) and it causes a lot of tension in a relationship when someone does something like that.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    No flowers but tell her that you did not like the way things ended and that you need to be with her one last time to be over everything!

Hit it and quit it.....
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Don't send flowers because traditionally Valentines is for lovers, etc.

But, do reach out on a different day with a friendly gesture. If for some reason you two do end up back together then go all out on that Valentine's Day.

Best of Luck :)
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    NO.

NO.

NO.

NO.

Understand?

Step away from the EX.

Move on.

I agree with everyone here, and ^^this^^ made me giggle. Truer words were never typed.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Do not give her flowers, but definitely acknowledge her another way. That could be an invite to lunch, email, text - whatever.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    No
    I have never gotten flowers from anyone, Humans still do this kind of thing? Confuzzling this species is ..
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Can you text her a photo of flowers and call it good?
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    wtf? who buys their ex ANYTHING for Valentine's day?

no...no...no no no
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    don't let her hurt you again. Do not spend money or time thinking about it. Move on.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    If you want to purchase something that is your business but I wouldn't purchase anything...

From what you said it's been over for a long time and you are not back together... Let the day go...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Walk away and don't look back.
    You say you can't be friends, and she may not be able to be what you want either.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Resist the urge. It will confuse her. I know if any of my exes sent me flowers, I would definitely be getting mixed signals. To me. flowers mean "I love you, let;s get it on". Ergo, don't send flowers to someone you're not attempting to get it on with.
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No flowers. No calls. No nothing.

I agree! I know you have feelings for her but you got to shut the door. Being friends and keeping her in your life in what ever form is only going to keep you from moving on.

My ex practically dragged me into the court house for our divorce and then I left town. I couldn't deal with seeing him in our small town and change was good.

He didn't want me as a wife but wanted me as a friend. It can't happen, I forgave him but life needs to move on for me.

Write a letter to her and then burn it!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Was this a BDSM relationship?