What is your BMR and TEE

Options
Just curious what other people have as a resting metabolic rate (BMR) and total daily energy expenditure (TEE) if you are unsure you can use this calculator http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

My BMR is 1640 and my TEE fluctuates but on average both this scooby calculator and my fitbit say between 2700-3200.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    BMR is around 1700, TDEE is around 2800-3300, and I eat around 2400 when doing an active exercise routine... and ya I lose weight and eat basically what I want.
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My bmr is 1900 calories and my TDEE is 2300-2600 depending upon the day.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The calculators don't work for me so I don't know my BMR. But by careful tracking and maintaining weight I now know that my TDEE is approximately 1900. Every calculator I used gave me a higher number.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    1440 and 1728. No wonder I need to be on 1200 kcals to lose weight.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Wouldn't you lose weight by eating between your BMR and TDEE? I usually end up eating a bit above my BMR and still lose weight unless I've exercised a lot, then I eat more. I make it a point to not to go below the BMR.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options

Wouldn't you lose weight by eating between your BMR and TDEE? I usually end up eating a bit above my BMR and still lose weight unless I've exercised a lot, then I eat more. I make it a point to not to go below the BMR.

^this

yes you are right! eating below your BMR is dangerous!! you are just slowing your metabolism even more! 1200 cals? yikes! eat!
  • katiekfloo
    Options
    BMR is 1470, TDEE is 2000
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I don't fully believe the BMR calculators as my option was only "desk job with little exercise". Currently I am not doing anything, that is, sit in front of the computer all day and that really is that.(No housework, almost no walking, nothing.) It's for me pretty much a telltale sign that even on 1200 kcals I barely get hungry.
    When I have one of those days when I need to run errands or work really late, I do eat more. Like up to 1500 kcals because I can feel my body is needing it. I prefer listening to a bit of stomach growling than going with a specific number all the time. If that makes sense.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My BMR usually calculates out to around 1500, but I know that I gain weight around that number, so it can't be right.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

^this

yes you are right! eating below your BMR is dangerous!! you are just slowing your metabolism even more! 1200 cals? yikes! eat!

You will not necessarily slow your metabolism by eating below BMR. If you have fat stores, your body does not need to get all it's fuel from food.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My BMR Is about 1530, but my TDEE is somewhere between 2000-2100 :D
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    Wow what a variety of responses! I know my TEE is all over the place, some days fitbit says i have burned 3200 and other days its a measly 2600-all depends on my mood! and what I have on the agenda!
  • scott1111111
    scott1111111 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I get so confused about all of this stuff. I went and got my RMR tested so I would know for sure (I kept getting different answers depending on the calculator). The test said my RMR is 2700 a day, so just laying around in bed I would burn 2700 calories. It gave me another estimated calculation based on daily activities of life which put me up to like 3500 and then more if I exercised.

How that fits into the BMR and TDEE I am not sure. I have been going off of the recommendation the test gave me for losing which is to stay in the 2100 to 2500 a day range.
  • nicpap617
    nicpap617 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My BMR is about 1530 and TDEE is about 2113. I eat 1690 now and have finally started seeing some weight loss :)
  • jada_analynn
    Options
    BMR - 1578, TDEE - 1893
    I'm lucky if I even reach 1200cals most days! Guess I should be eating a bit more maybe speed up the process and that's why my weight loss has slowed!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I don't fully believe the BMR calculators as my option was only "desk job with little exercise". Currently I am not doing anything, that is, sit in front of the computer all day and that really is that.(No housework, almost no walking, nothing.) It's for me pretty much a telltale sign that even on 1200 kcals I barely get hungry.
    When I have one of those days when I need to run errands or work really late, I do eat more. Like up to 1500 kcals because I can feel my body is needing it. I prefer listening to a bit of stomach growling than going with a specific number all the time. If that makes sense.

how much exercise you do has no effect on your BMR. Your BMR is what your body uses to exist. That is BEFORE exercise or no exercise or even just sitting at your desk. You TDEE is what sitting at your desk does to you.

Unless you have a large amount of weight to lose you will be much better off eating between BMR and TDEE. ABOVE BMR
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1314 and my TDEE is 1575.

I choose desk job for TDEE, but I eat back the majority of the calories I burn during any cardio I do. (Not all, because I burn 50-60 calories anyway just standing up, so I don't want to eat back those, of course.) I aim for a 500 calorie deficit from my TDEE+cardio calories for the day
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    BMR 1985 / TDEE 3078

I've been losing fairly well and average about 2400 calories per day. Have had a couple 4000+ calorie days and a few 1800 calorie days, but mostly stay around the 2400 range.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    BMR is 1400-1500ish roughly, TDEE is 2100-2200
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    BMR 2134 TDEE 3307. I currently eat around 2000 a day but I know I need to be eating more since I work out 5-6 days a week for an hour a day.