Who makes jeans for short people that aren't bean poles?

Options
ohrandi
ohrandi Posts: 28 Member
When I say short, I don't mean what jean companies consider short.. 30" inseam? I wish. My inseam is 26". I'm 5'0 with really muscular legs... I can't wear adorable knee high boots because of my ridiculous man calves. Every pair of jeans I've tried that would fit my waist don't go over my thighs. I guess that's what you get for playing catcher in softball so many years. I look awesome in yoga pants, but I'm getting tired of wearing them every day!

Oh, and I refuse to spend $200 on a pair of jeans. That's just ridiculous. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    NYDJ...find them at nordstrom
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    "Beanpole" is not a nice way to describe someone.
  • ohrandi
    Options
    "Beanpole" is not a nice way to describe someone.

I didn't think asking about jeans for short thick people was politically correct either. My bad. Try shopping for women's jeans and maybe you'd understand. They can't be logically sized like mens jeans, that would be too easy..
  • ohrandi
    Options
    NYDJ...find them at nordstrom

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check tomorrow!
  • whierd
    Options
    I have been shopping for womens jeans plenty of times. I get the frustration.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The gap has some that I just adore!! 40$
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    NYC has jeans in petite and short that fit me. Same with Aeropostal and The Gap. I am just shy of 5 foot and it is a darn struggle to find jeans that fit me.
  • whierd
    Options
    Also, a tailor can hem your jeans for $10 or less.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    try these

27cb6369-42c6-40dd-a962-d99f29ec6272_zps23834ec4.jpg
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    My preferred are Rock & Republic from Kohls. But, I also check the racks at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I'm short, so I have to bring everything in to get hemmed anyway. :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Charlotte Russe - Curvy Fit Short

They fit like a glove. And are inexpensive.
  • elizarae11
    Options
    i really like maurice's jeans! they have silver jeans (which go by measurement, but are way out of my price range) and then their brand of jeans go from like extra short, short, regular, long, extra long. i like the brand 'kaylee' they are $29. here is a link. (:

http://www.maurices.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3598579&cp=10846309.12857737
  • badmojo108
    Options

I keep two pairs of tailored jeans in my closet at all times. I found a tailor that shortens the legs while keeping the original seam, you would never be able to tell they here hemmed.
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maurices! I have a 26 inch inseam and the short length works for me and my hips.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Bump

I have the opposite problem: almost 6feet, can't find long enough in seems, all boots have to be altered by shoe cobbler (or whatever you call them) because of my tiny calves.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

i was coming in to say this exact thing.

shortening a leg length is pretty much a non factor when choosing pants because of this. i just got some jeans hemmed for $5 at my neighborhood dry cleaner.
  • ACDodd
    ACDodd Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this site.
    After I reach my goal I may have some custom made.

http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've always had a problem with women's jeans. That's why I wear men's jeans.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I get mine at Avenue, but that's because I have thick thighs, and they fit a shorter person (not entirely "petite"), and they're very affordable!

I got a pair of jeggings for $30 last weekend, and they're amazing!!! LOVE THEM!!!!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Seriously, learn tailoring. If length is your only problem that's pretty easy to do by hand.

I have the waist problem too. My thighs and butt are generously sized but my waist is tiny in comparison, so I have to go with a size 2 even though my waist is smaller than a size 0. I'm trying to teach myself to fix that problem-- you have to rip apart a lot of seams and reconstruct the top but it's so much easier than trying to find jeans off the rack that don't have a waist gap (if they even exist).

If you're really having trouble with the calves you might have to do jeggings in lieu of skinnies.