Who makes jeans for short people that aren't bean poles?

Options

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I have almost all of my clothes tailored. It's not as expensive as you would think. Usually 8-10 bucks for some jeans and 12 or so for a skirt/dress. I even have the arms on my jackets adjusted.

Your local drycleaners should do this. Take them an older pair of jeans that are too long, have em hemmed, and see if they do a good job. That's my recommendation.

Then, just shop for jeans that fit in the legs and waist. That's hard enough as it is without having to worry about length.

PS: the petite jeans at banana republic run really short. I'm only 5'1 and those ones are too short for me.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered "Just My Size" jeans (short) at Walmart. I totally know where you're coming from. I buy "short" length jeans all the time, and still have to roll them up (I don't love that look, either). These were the first jeans I've found since before I was an adult that actually fit me. With that said, I think I'm a 28" inseam, but I think they'd fit you much better than most.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Rock Revivals are amazing. $150 but still, last forever and I get complements up the wazoo.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Another tailoring/alteration suggestion. If you find jeans that fit everywhere but the waist, you can have the waist taken in to fit you properly. Buying any kind of pants is difficult for women.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Isshinryuboi
    Options
    They sell clothes for little midgets all of the time. They also have auditions for freak shows for small, goofy looking people if you are interested. The question is, why don't they sell clothes everywhere for big, tall, slender and sexy men like me? Because we are genuine, we need a special order :)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Buckle has some nice ones that aren't too bad and free alterations..once u add alterations to some others it may be worth it.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm replying so I can read later! I have natrually wide hips and thick thighs but i'm a shorty for sure! I have a heck of a time trying to find jeans! I hate paying to get them hemmed! "sigh:
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Maurices. I work there and we have x-short, short, regular, and long in all sizes of our core jeans and in most of our specialty jeans, our core jeans run $29. you should check it out :)
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Lee jeans (Kohl's) have always had roomier thighs and are not expensive. NYDJ are $100-ish; I found them to be forgiving for hips but not as much for thighs. I like the trouser jeans at the Gap but they have to be hemmed. In a dark wash they make my legs look long (in boots) (and that is quite an optical illusion for 5'1.5") . Google wide shaft / wide calf boots - you are not the only one with muscular calves :) The extra inches on a boot heel make petite lengths work nicely for the shorter inseam and give you a long leg if the pants hit mid-heel.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Old navy, sweetheart fit, short
  • ohrandi
    ohrandi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the replies!

It's not just length, as my proportions are odd. I have a more hourglass shape than anything else. While I was trying on jeans, I ran into the issue of the ones that fit my thighs and butt, left a weird open space on the waist at the small of my back. Ugh!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Old navy, sweetheart fit, short

I have a pair of sweetheart fit but they seem to have excess material in the front near the fly. I guess if you have a lot of lower belly fat it works but I find it odd. You also need fairly wide hips to fill out the sides.
  • BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I wear Express jeans in a short with heels and Old Navy in a short with sneakers.
  • jarlmom
    jarlmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and wear a size 10. I found that JAGS fit me very well, better than the NYDJ. Try them both. I also have one pair of Levis that fit great. They key there is to find a pair in "short" which are harder to find.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Check out this fashion blog. It's done by a petite, hourglass-shaped woman who is always looking fabulous in jeans and blazers (two things I NEVER thought someone like us could pull off). She really makes a strong case for tailoring, even if she does pay a hefty price for it.
    http://www.alterationsneeded.com/
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    Hollister, and Aeropostale. I'm 5'4. My jeans are like a w27 L33
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I can't wear knee high boots because m calves are too small and it looks terrible! Maybe if we combined legs, both of us could wear them! :smile:
  • peckish_pomegranate
    Options
    Try the GAP.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    "Beanpole" is not a nice way to describe someone.

LMAO You crack me up bro.