Did I eat too little?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I don't always know for sure when I'm going to have a soccer game (or 2) in the evening so I had a hard time eating more calories during the day before my possible game, so I ate my exercise calories the next day... it still works out to the same net calories but you don't have to worry about eating calories that you ended up not getting to work off.

That is all 'past tense' because now I just upped my calories by 300 every day, knowing I burn at least 2100 calories in exercise a week - I find it a lot easier to plan for the exact same amount of calories every day.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yes, PLEASE eat more. You're ruining your poor metabolism.
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day ever burning so much and eating so little. I usually eat a lot and don't exercise. My question then is, if I eat 1200 calories and exercise and burn 700 do I have to eat my exercise calories. I know that has often been a heated discussion on here. I'm very curious.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    If you are usually going over on your calories and you don't usually exercise then no, if your 'average' over a few days to a week are still over 1200 calories then you don't need to worry about it.
  • Katie_a_Mae_zing
    Options
    Your breakfasts aren't filling. It's carbs and sugar. Try eating protein. Eggs/egg whites, cottage cheese, fruit or oatmeal. REAL foods. Also, you eat out A LOT. Try cooking your own foods at home. Taking leftovers for lunch. Also, eat snacks. Healthy snacks. I like hummus and carrots or apple and pb. Some carbs are ok, but make them worth it. Also, DRINK WATER! I can't stress that enough. I used to think I was hungry all the time when really I was just dehydrated. When you feel yourself hungry, drink 8oz of water first. Good luck and hope this helps!
  • DizzGunner86
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this but I think I'm under eating. I'm 26 200lbs, and I eat 1300 to 1400 calls a day but I walk about 6-8 miles a day and burn about 800 to 900 cals a day. Is that healthy?
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Doing this for only 1 day here and there... not a big deal; our bodies know how to handle fluctuations. However, if this is "typical" for you, or you intend to do this very often, then yes, it will become problematic and you will need to make some changes to your routine.
  • DizzGunner86
    Options
    Thank you. But can you explain what would happen if I continued this way? And what changes should I make?
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Your breakfasts aren't filling. It's carbs and sugar. Try eating protein. Eggs/egg whites, cottage cheese, fruit or oatmeal. REAL foods. Also, you eat out A LOT. Try cooking your own foods at home. Taking leftovers for lunch. Also, eat snacks. Healthy snacks. I like hummus and carrots or apple and pb. Some carbs are ok, but make them worth it. Also, DRINK WATER! I can't stress that enough. I used to think I was hungry all the time when really I was just dehydrated. When you feel yourself hungry, drink 8oz of water first. Good luck and hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice. I eat out a lot because I'm always on the go and I find it much harder to track calories of foods that I make myself. I will start doing better though.