Cottage Cheese!! (the food lol)

Options
What are some different ways / combos of eating it? I used to HATE it but recently tried Simply Kraft lowfat small curd cottage cheese and it is delicious, you should all try it.

I am trying to find easy, quick and healthy recipes involving things that I can just grab and go, so if you have ideas let me know!

Replies

• cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i like putting cracked black pepper in it. if not, i really really really love pears with it. peaches are probably next on my list.

also, you can melt it into your scrambled eggs and its kind of amazing
  • TraceysJourney
    TraceysJourney Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I put it on cruskits , top with tomato and salt and pepper :)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with peaches or pineapple

I just found this recipe and now I'm going to have to try it for dinner sometime...

Cheesy pasta

Ingredients
    2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
    1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
    Sprinkling of pepper
    Directions
    Cook the whole wheat pasta according to package directions.
    Meanwhile, blend cottage cheese and milk until smooth.
    Drain pasta and then stir in the cottage cheese mixture and cheddar cheese until melted.
    Sprinkle with pepper and any other spices you desire.
    Nutritional Info Per Serving (makes two servings)
    Calories: 360
    Carbs: 44g
    Fat: 7g
    Protein: 39g
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    a tbsp of sriracha with some cucumber...

or go with diced pineapple.
  • littlebre33
    Options
    check your grocery store for dairyland cottage cheese combos.. it pre packed w/ fruit.. soo good and only 100 calories~
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Stick it in a blender with frozen berries, stevia and ice cubes.

Has a similar taste and consistency to ice cream.
  • thornedlily77
    thornedlily77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have always hated cottage cheese too, love this thread & will have to try some of the ideas!

aka: bump - lol
  • xtina1129
    xtina1129 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I make pancakes with it on occasion. :)
  • fatnomore201220132014
    Options
    I usually have mine with some peanut butter, pineapple ( or half a banana) and I also add some vanilla flavored whey protein powder and flax seed meal. It's one of my favorite breakfasts. :)
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    wow these are ALL great! Thank you so much to everyone! The "ice cream" version sounds AMAZING, I am always looking for replacements for desserts and that is a great idea...plus I have frozen berries in my freezer right now. :)

You guys are all amazing!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    The "ice cream" version sounds AMAZING, I am always looking for replacements for desserts and that is a great idea...plus I have frozen berries in my freezer right now. :)

Oh, it is. Srsly.

Because I just learnt a good site to post pics from. :3 :

8466703601_33b37da395.jpg

8466703789_128ee39fee.jpg

Trick is to make sure you blend all the ice cubes until they're completely mulched and if you add any water, only add a little. Then when done, eat immediately for a "thick shake", or leave it to chill in the freezer for a few hours. Every half hour or so, stir and scrape it off the sides of the bowl to prevent it from freezing to the sides and/or becoming an icy brick.

Sometimes it tastes just as good as real ice cream, sometimes it tastes better, sometimes it's "alright". Just have to experiment. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I mix it with tuna, toss it through salads, eat it on toast with cracked pepper...
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love the ice cream idea! Bump
  • MirjaH79
    Options
    A bowl of my favourite mourning-mix :love:
    + Cottage cheese (2% fat) 125 g or 4.4 oz
    + Natural yogurt Greek style (2% fat) 200 g or 2 dl or 7 oz or 0.85 cups
    + Müsli with dried berries and walnuts (max 350 kcal/100g or 99 kcal/oz) 45 g or 1 dl or 1.5-1.6 oz or 0.4 cups
    + sometimes a few table spoons of fresh berries or fruit
  • MirjaH79
    Options
    Trick is to make sure you blend all the ice cubes until they're completely mulched and if you add any water, only add a little. Then when done, eat immediately for a "thick shake", or leave it to chill in the freezer for a few hours. Every half hour or so, stir and scrape it off the sides of the bowl to prevent it from freezing to the sides and/or becoming an icy brick.

Sounds like a job for my icecream machine, thanks for the yammy tip!!!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    vanilla, cinnamon, sugar/sweetener. i have it for dessert. so yum
  • Merlin569
    Merlin569 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What are some different ways / combos of eating it? I used to HATE it but recently tried Simply Kraft lowfat small curd cottage cheese and it is delicious, you should all try it.

I am trying to find easy, quick and healthy recipes involving things that I can just grab and go, so if you have ideas let me know!

I put fresh strawberries in it. Sounds strange, but it is really really great! When we were in school the lunch people would put peaches in it...that kinda grossed me out because of the peach juice "curdling" the cottage cheese juices...lol...(if that is possible)...but, strawberries and cc are a yummy combo!!!
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I have it in my protein shake every morning. 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup fruit and 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Blend. Easily transported to work for breakfast or even to drink in the car on the way.
  • EmilyBullough
    EmilyBullough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of mayonnaise/Miracle Whip when I make a tuna sandwich. It seems more nutritious to me and tastes great.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese and eat it almost daily as part of my morning shakes, with a mix of greek yogurt, and with just fresh fruit squished in it. I also use it on salads and such. Not really any earth shattering recipes.