Intermittent fasting

Options
124»

Replies

• AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Ive just started doing it this week, it actually fits my lifestyle better and i like eating bigger meals, doing 18 and 6. if you want to add me feel free to, going to be hopefully share any differences i notice (i tend to eat as healthy as i can regardless) so i think it will be a good trial for me.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, question about the 5:2... the two 500 cal days have to be two consequent days, or not?

No, they don't have to be two consecutive days. Just choose the days that suit you best, though it's better to choose days that you'll be busy rather than ones where you'll either be sitting around or engaged in a load of social events. I do Tuesday/Thursday at the moment because I'm at work and it's a busy job so very easy to go straight through the day skipping breakfast and lunch.

What I do is drink a lot of fruit and herbal teas and also have big glasses of hot water with slices of lemon and root ginger in them on a fast day. For some reason, hot drinks seem a lot more filling/comforting than cold ones.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Ive just started doing it this week, it actually fits my lifestyle better and i like eating bigger meals, doing 18 and 6. if you want to add me feel free to, going to be hopefully share any differences i notice (i tend to eat as healthy as i can regardless) so i think it will be a good trial for me.

yo man where did you get AWESOME t-shirt your rocking?? thats my kinda get-up right there!! hit me up, you're awesome bro
  • Mit215
    Options
    Nice!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    All you doubters.. further proof fasting works

children-75566291114.jpeg

RUUUUUUUDDDDEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You look great so I am curious. I am assuming you only eat for 8 hours out of the day and fast for 16 ? If so how many calories do you consume during your 8 hours on? I have heard of the 5/2 but not this method. Will you share a little more information please..
    Thanks

^^ in regards to the girl who posted her results pics, i was 'friends' with her on here a while back, but being friends with her was triggering for me. her calorie intake was very low...like ~800 low everyday. just wasn't healthy for me to watch. i have already been 19/20 years old with restricting tendencies. anyway to answer your question.
  • kaceyalexis
    Options
    I fast 3 times within a 24 hour period with great results everyday. The break down is: 13.5/4.5/4.5 hours of fasting First, I eat a good, healthy dinner as I start my main fast at night. After dinner, I fast for approximately 13.5 hours. Next, I eat break-FAST to break my fast. After a good, healthy breakfast I start my smaller fast of approximately 4.5 hours. Since, I am moving, using my body, I do a quick top up of energy and eat a good, healthy lunch and then fast for an additional 4.5 hours. Now, this process brings me back to dinner and you start the process all over again. I fast a grand total of 22.5 hours each day! Thats a total fasting time of 157.5 hours a week! This combined with exercise gets great results. Happy Fasting!

What are your results? Do you do this everyday or just Monday - Friday?
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I do leangains method. I usually do strenght training at around 12pm-1pm then eat straight after and have last meal around 7pm.
    Weird have lost like 9kg and increased strenght too.