Pancake Day - how do you eat yours?

Options

Replies

• LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I eat crepes with butter, lemon juice and sugar - mmm.

Same here but instead of sugar we use maple syrup and usually add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and some blueberries and/or sliced banana, yummy :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    In the Detroit area, its Pazcki Day....aka "fat bombs"

To answer the question...I DO NOT eat them

paczki.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In the Detroit area, its Pazcki Day....aka "fat bombs"

To answer the question...I DO NOT eat them

paczki.jpg

That looks like a doughnut. How big are those things?
  • emchip1983
    Options
    with low fat greek yogurt and summer berries
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    That looks like a doughnut. How big are those things?
    That's pretty much what they are....filled deep fried fat pastries (its a Polish tradition and the bakeries in Hamtramck make the best)...

They're probably about the size of an average person's fist
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Awww this is like food sexting to me.... :laugh:

I lay a pancake down put pecans and strawberry syrup on it. Then throw another pancake on top and put more pecans and then put maple syrup on top of that one.... MMMMMMmmmmMMMMMM :smokin:
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Depends!

In the summer I love them topped with stewed fresh berries, a dash of lemon juice and a dusting of powdered sugar.

In the winter I like them with real butter and warmed maple syrup.

For a Snack I like to put Peanut Butter and banana slices on top.

Sometimes I will top them with some cottage cheese and more stewed berries.

I also love them with fruit added in before being baked: blueberries, apples and cinnamon, bananas and chocolate chips.
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    European style pancakes- with nutella and strawberries, American style pancakes- with caramelized bananas (sautee bananas in butter and brown sugar and cinnamon) and whipped cream!!!! O.M.G.
  • amberdust
    Options
    as waffles (or pumpkin)
  • AmandaW01
    Options
    At other times I'll be adventurous with pancakes, but on Pancake Day is just has to be lemon juice and sugar (or sometimes, if I'm feeling rebellious) a drizzle of maple syrup. I've been and swam a mile this morning to make some calorie space :-)
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I spread butter on each one and then drizzle syrup over it, and throw a cut up banana or strawberries on top. served with bacon, and an egg. Hell to the yea.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I normally have them with an insane amount of butter, so now I don't have them....I miss pancakes....sigh. Actually, I like them when I have them, but don't really seek them out, but this thread may get me to have buttercakes, I mean pancakes.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I love the Brits. Their answer to Mardi Gras is to have pancakes. Such decadence, such indulgence! Does that mean everyone gives up syrup for Lent?

I must say, I have lived in the right parts of the US, eating kielbasa and such, but I have never had packzi day :(
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Normally butter and real maple syrup. The dark kind. But today, none. It's better that way. :(
  • roblewis72
    Options
    I love lard on mine
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My family loves it when I make my apple pancakes. I shred two green apples in pancake batter and sprinkle some cinnamon. We eat them with syrup. They are so good!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Butter and syrup. No need to get fancy.
  • rochellena
    rochellena Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Depends. Generally just peanut butter or regular butter and maple syrup (boysenberry syrup if I've been able to find it locally). Sometimes I like to top with mixed berries and some whipped cream. Then some times I just add a bit of brown sugar and maple syrup to the batter and eat the pancake plain (This is really nice when I need to eat on my way to somewhere and it's really nice for toddlers who still haven't really mastered eating something with a topping yet.)
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Savory first with grated cheese and tomatos, then lemon and sugar, or some jam mmmm.....My fave is nutella and sliced banana, but I don't think so!