Peanut Butter

Options
13»

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I might put 2 TBL per sandwich, and that is a pretty decent amount of PB. I use 45 Calorie 100% multi-grain bread then a sammich is only 270 calories.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Choosy mothers choose Jif; it makes me happy and is worth the calories for me. Everyone has to make that decision for himself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will look into these alternatives. I don't mind the calories, but 90 per tablespoon? I love peanut butter, so I can only imagine how much i pile on a sandwich.

You may actually surprise yourself there...that's what I though originally, but I wasn't putting on as nearly as much as I thought. Besides, it's a great way to get a filling, nutritionally dense and calorie dense meal in without stuff your face. Just fit it in...it's pretty darned good for you though I do prefer more natural peanut butters with less added sugar and lower sodium.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Better N Peanut Butter is pretty decent.

Ugh! I really wanted to like this stuff :frown:
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    I buy Better N Butter Peanut Butter. I find it at Super Target and some grodcery stores and online. It is the best substitute for the real thing, of course real Peanut Butter is the best. Better N Butter has 2 g of fat, 100 cal. for 2 TBS. It comes in low soiium, and choccolate too.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Daily I do the PB2 thing. However, about once a month I purchase a jar of natural peanut butter (nothing but peanuts) and I enjoy every last spoonful. I do not bother with bread...just get a spoon and go to town!!! :)
  • stina412
    Options
    I have replaced lots....I have just plain given up all kinds of things....
    I could never EVER give up my peanut butter ...ever =)
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    funny because i made a PB&J sammich last week and the diet said to use 1 tbspn of PB. i thought...>WTF<??? but you know it was actually a lot more than i thought it would be, covered the whole piece of bread even, LOL!!!! it was just fine. that with the 2 teaspoons of spreadable fruit and i was loving it. ---BTW cashew butter is my all time favo, but it's about the same calories.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Teddie's tastes far better than Jif in my opinion.

PB2 is decent but only in something. I use it in shakes and can't tell the difference.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I love my Peanut Butter & Co Old fashioned crunchy. Two ingredients: peanuts and salt.

One word of warning: I found that the weight of the tablespoon of peanut butter on the packaging was far less than the real weight of one of MY tablespoons. As it's so calorie dense, I'd recommend being careful and weighing it.

Personally I avoid cutting anything out, unless it really doesn't seem worth the calories, and PB is worth it for me.
  • smh1067
    smh1067 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wait! What's PB2? I need to look into that! lol

I don't think anyone answered, it's powdered peanut butter. You can add it powdered to things, or you can mix it with water until it's the consistency you like and use it like regular peanut butter. PB2 also makes a peanut butter chocolate flavor that's good added into things too.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I'm hooked on this stuff......

peanut-butter-co.jpg?w=300