PSA!!! Gym Etiquette!!

Options
ZoeLifts
ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
Read, learn, discuss....

For those of you dealing with this daily, you're welcome.

For those of you that might recognize yourself, it's ok, we're all here to learn*. We forgive you for past transgressions and can move on from here as long as you promise to be more aware in the future. No need to confess, unless you truly feel the need.

http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/3951/the-dh-guide-to-gym-etiquette/

*this statement is not meant to offend those that are not here to learn but only to be affirmed. This is simply a statement based off of my own personal life experiences and could possibly be construed as my own opinion.

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Full of so much win.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    YES ! nicely put. :flowerforyou:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    Lol! Good read. I think I am good!
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    Go forth and spread the word!!
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Did they mention the old guys who just let their balls fly free(and I mean fly)? Ya just got to accept that they are part of the ecosystem and move on.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    Did they mention the old guys who just let their balls fly free(and I mean fly)? Ya just got to accept that they are part of the ecosystem and move on.

That might be covered in point 2: Leave a smaller footprint!

Or even point 1: Put everything away where it belongs!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    That should be posted in EVERY gym. And in every new member contract that they have to acknowledge that they've read. There should then also be a stipulation that if any of the above are violated, management reserves the right to suspend, and in severe cases, revoke membership.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

not only older guys to that
    please do not put shorts only if you are doing bent over rows!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, that article was amazing.

My favorite part of it though - is the description of the guy who wrote it at the bottom. That is hilarious.. SuperHeros In Training... hahahaha.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    That should be posted in EVERY gym. And in every new member contract that they have to acknowledge that they've read. There should then also be a stipulation that if any of the above are violated, management reserves the right to suspend, and in severe cases, revoke membership.

I find that many just don't care. They know they are supposed to re-rack, wipe things down and just don't do it because it takes up their precious time. Also, since I live in a VERY diverse University town, I find many of the international students don't wipe down after use. Must be a cultural thing.

I stopped counting how many times people messed up the hip adductor machine last night. The only free treadmill was right next to it and there were countless women who released the legs before they put the weight down. As a result the weight dropped and smashed loudly and it happened over and over while I was next to it. I think there needs to be a course on how to use machines without slamming the weights on every rep!
  • notthatthis
    Options

My mind is boggling as to how BOR's end up exposing the old block and tackle. The insidious one that I have observed is sit ups and basically any supine floor exercise but only in men who insist that running shorts are the thing to wear in a gym. Wear a dress for allI care, but at least no freeballing or female equivalent.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • ZoeLifts
    Options

My mind is boggling as to how BOR's end up exposing the old block and tackle. The insidious one that I have observed is sit ups and basically any supine floor exercise but only in men who insist that running shorts are the thing to wear in a gym. Wear a dress for allI care, but at least no freeballing or female equivalent.

Good girl/bad girl machine is also a culprit, but mostly for women since they seem to use that one the most.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Good girl/bad girl machine is also a culprit, but mostly for women since they seem to use that one the most.

Which is why ours face the wall. :laugh:
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Um... what are the big three?

I don't lift, maybe that's why I'm oblivious. ^_^
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: