How do you eat your avacado?

Options

Replies

• krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    what is opened faced grilled cheese?

i just used butter spray on a slice of bread...then lay the bread butter side down in a pan and top it with mozzarella, baby spinach, and sliced avacado until its golden...add alittle pepper and you have an open faced grilled cheese:)
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    With a 1/2 cup of pinto beans and some salsa. Yummy and filling. The best of both worlds.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I like it anyway, but plain and guac are my favorites.
  • mas1989
    mas1989 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love them with pink grapefruit - makes a great salad
    Love them plain too with salt/pepper and either lime or lemon juice
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    with tuna mayonnaise. either cut into little cubes as part of a tuna mayonnaise salad, or sliced on top of tuna mayonnaise in a sandwich
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    usually with a spoon ,my hand and my mouth!! LMAO, sorry i HAD too.
  • poorgirl1
    poorgirl1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today i had an open faced grilled cheese (using butter spray) on whole wheat with baby spinach, mozzarella cheese, and half of a sliced avacado...topped with a little pepper....It was sooooo yummy:) But would love to see how others eat their avacados.

That sounds delicious! Now I am hungry again! :(
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I either make guacamole or just eat it with a spoon with a little salt & pepper.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Stuffed with Tuna, onion, and tomato with a little salt/pepper/lemon juice
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    With a spoon.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Today i had an open faced grilled cheese (using butter spray) on whole wheat with baby spinach, mozzarella cheese, and half of a sliced avacado...topped with a little pepper....It was sooooo yummy:) But would love to see how others eat their avacados.

Oh my gosh, that sounds AMAZING!! I love avocados so I eat them on sandwiches, in salads, as guac, stuffed with other veggies or chicken salad, and I love to eat them by themselves with just a sprinkle of Lawrey's seasoning.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    with chips or something crunchy.

on a sandwich is really good, too. a grilled cheese with avocado is yum. or on toast. or on eggs. (as long as i have toast too, i need crunch)
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Cut up on my salad. I also will put slices on egg and tomato sandwiches. I usually only make guacamole for a party, but when I do, my secret ingredients are zero fat Greek Yogurt (makes it really creamy), a little lime juice, and Tajin (a Mexican spice you can find at Mexican grocery stores). And never, ever, ever use a blender - only a fork to mash it up.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    With a little salt and fresh lime juice.

This.

I love avocado with everything - with (in or on top of) eggs, salads, sandwiches of any kind, burgers, etc. ITS SOOO DELICIOUS!
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like either plain, in grilled cheese, or as a chocolate pudding... sooooo good! I can eat it any which way :)
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I eat half for breakfast every day - bring it to work with half a fresh lemon, add sea salt, and dig in! SO GOOD.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    in my omleete w/ grilled salmon and fresh spinach
    on sandwiches
    in salads
    in a strawberry/greek yogurt smoothie (seriously creamy!)
    sliced over grilled trout
  • Jodycnd
    Jodycnd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mash it in with hardboiled eggs, a tsp of mayo and a little salt and pepper and it is a DELICIOUS egg salad!
  • sraffel
    sraffel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I love how avocado can be sweet or savory.

If I don't want bread with breakfast, I take an avocado and cut a slice from the middle, so there's a big hole where the seed is, then fry an egg inside of it, sort of like a toad in the hole without the bread. Or you can cut the avocado in half, hollow it out a little more if it's a small one, break an egg in each half, and bake them in the oven. Top with salsa, tzatziki, yogurt, cheese...eat with a spoon.

Mashed on a wheat matzoh with smoked salmon, lox, or tuna.

Mashed with eggs for an egg salad sandwich.

For dessert, blended with almond milk and honey, or as a replacement for butter in higher fat baked goods.
  • carmenluli
    Options
    I make a salad with de salted cod fish cut the de salted (boil til salt is removed) cod fish into stips or chunks, tomatoe cut in wedges yellow onion sliced, stuffed olives some olive oil and sliced or chunked avocado (large Avocado or 2 Haas) salt and pepper to taste very refreshing in the summer