Replies

• Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    with a spoon...
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I usually just cut it up and sprinkle with Paprika.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Snack- Avacado mixed with spreadable cheese, slice cucumbers and tomatoes.

2f62e1fb9cfc0c06ee192c227fc56526.jpg
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I’ll eat avocado any way it’s offered to me, but mostly I just love it cut up on a plate with a little garlic salt and black pepper. I also occasionally mush it up with plain yogurt and add it to a salad as a low-cal dressing substitute.
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    what is opened faced grilled cheese?

i just used butter spray on a slice of bread...then lay the bread butter side down in a pan and top it with mozzarella, baby spinach, and sliced avacado until its golden...add alittle pepper and you have an open faced grilled cheese:)

Yummy! This may be a silly question but when you say baby spinach, is that fresh spinach?
  • It may sound weird but i just like mine plain I think it is yummy. :smile:
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Being a good Mexican...I eat it in GUACAMOLE! Avocados are yummy! You can also get a carne asada taco and put a wedge of avocado and lime juice and bammm!
  • TB6197
    TB6197 Posts: 23
    Options
    Plain with tomato, mozerella and prawns/crayfish/smoked salmon ... oh and fresh crusty white bread :)
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    with fresh salsa, lime and some chips.

Yesterday i had a sandwich that was pretty good - chicken strip, 1/2 avocado and some tomatoes on 100% wheat bread.

bump
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Today I made tuna salad and stuffed it in the hole of half of an avocado
  • OzarkMountainMan
    Options
    Today i had an open faced grilled cheese (using butter spray) on whole wheat with baby spinach, mozzarella cheese, and half of a sliced avacado...topped with a little pepper....It was sooooo yummy:) But would love to see how others eat their avacados.

Just had half an avacado sliced and topped with a big slice of tomato and freshly ground black pepper on 2 slices of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    However I can get them! Usually just with a little salt and pepper though :)
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    With a little salt and fresh lime juice.

This.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    what is opened faced grilled cheese?

i just used butter spray on a slice of bread...then lay the bread butter side down in a pan and top it with mozzarella, baby spinach, and sliced avacado until its golden...add alittle pepper and you have an open faced grilled cheese:)

Omg, I think I'm gonna have one of these tonight...
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    With Italian dressing and a spoon.

Pour the dressing into the cavity left by the removed pit. As you scoop out spoonfuls, the dressing will run off your bite-sized piece back into the cavity. One cavity full of dressing should last for the whole avocado. :) Yum!
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The produce place we go to had Haas avocados that were real nice. My wife doesn't like them but I do so I got 2. I love me some guac, and that's how I made 1 of them:

1 avocado, in small chunks
    1 smaller Scallion
    1/2 habanero pepper minced
    3tbs of generic jarred salsa (I had Chi Chi's hot and chunky)
    spash of lime juice
    1 small clove of garlic minced
    pinch of salt

The whole batch is 273 calories. It lasted about 10 minutes. I don't even care about the chips lol. Just a spoon and the bowl of guac.

This sounds yummy...and totally agree, I would eat guac with a spoon only!! mmmmmmm!
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Super Rich Chocolate Pudding

Truvia / Stevia 1 packet or ¼ tsp
    Cocoa powder – Unsweetened ¼ cup
    Extra Virgin coconut oil 1tbls
    Torani SF Chocolate syrup 2 tbls
    1 med has avocado (believe me, you will never know it is in there and adds such a richness to it)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder

Mix all together in food processor. Add a little water if too thick. Makes two servings
    Each serving has 290 calories, 17 carbs (7 net carbs) 22 fat, 16 protein, 10 fiber and 76 sodium.
    Your nutritional info may be a little different depending on the protein powder you use. The protein powder I used was Optimum Nutrition, double rich chocolate with 24 grams of protein per scoop.