Working out JUST to be able to eat more?

Options
124»

Replies

• cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    <--- Will workout for wine. :bigsmile:

Sorry...had this mental image of you on a treadmill with a big bottle of wine in front of it. Like dangling a carrot. :)

Now you're giving me some ideas... :laugh:
  • looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    been there done that, have worked out for several hrs on some occasions, because I want to eat something special. I also work out for the fitness aspect of things most days though.
  • michaelrtuller
    Options
    Working out for wine is more common than anyone may think. It's a losing battle, though. Maybe if the wine caused us to dance all night it might work.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Working out for wine is more common than anyone may think. It's a losing battle, though. Maybe if the wine caused us to dance all night it might work.

What do you mean it's a losing battle?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I do the very same thing and i think it is a great way to make the connection between calories in and calories out. workout and you can eat more.. sounds like a great incentive to me. and it is working. I'm working out way more so i can enjoy more calories.
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well, some people workout so they can fit their clothes better vs. the "want to be healthier" option. Whatever your reasons for exercising, just exercise. Yes, I want to be healthy, but I definitely will work out harder or longer in order to eat more.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I totally workout to eat. I know the other benefits, but I like to eat more too.
  • Thwarren58
    Options
    OMG......I'm impressed with your success. What did you do to get over plateaus?
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm another one in the 'Pancake Day' camp over here. It's *freezing cold* today. And I was due a run, I'm training for a half marathon, gotta get those long runs in. But nevertheless, there is no way I would have actually got as far as getting my running shoes on and getting out and doing that run, in this weather, if I didn't know I had pancakes and beer to account for later.

I don't think it's a problem as long as you don't get obsessed about it.
  • Lizziebee333
    Options
    It's pancake day here in the Uk and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Then came the guilt and so i'm working out right now as I type.
  • michaelrtuller
    Options
    It takes 20 minutes to drink a glass of wine and 45 minutes to walk off the calories.