A Whole Years transformation, -40lbs

Options
255F6UPl.jpg

It's finally been a year since I started working out, and this is my progress pic taken on 2/10/13. I started working out on 2/9/12, it took a lot of trial and error to get to where I am today. There is no special diet, no specific routine you have to follow. I used to think special fad diets would work, that if I did a lot of cardio I can eat whatever I want, and I learned the hard way the first few months of my transformation, because my weight didn't really go anywhere.

Since then, I've cut weight three times, and bulked two times, just coming off my last one recently, the infamous two month winter bulk. I'm now hovering around 178 lbs, and I'm thinking of bulking again to a lean 185 lbs after summer ends, and I would like to know what people think of a few extra lbs of muscle on me.

I also haven't done more than 5 minutes of cardio a day for 7 months, but I may do 15 mins a day for cardiovascular health purposes.

Myfitnesspal was the best tool in my weight loss journey and I actually introduce it to friends who are attempting to lose or gain weight.

I hope people can use this as motivation, like they say, anything seems impossible until you do it.

For reference, I'm 5'11" and I weighed 220 lbs in the first picture. I lift every. Single. Day. And since some people tend to ask:

Monday: Legs Triceps
Tuesday: Biceps
Wednesday: Chest
Thursday: back
Friday: shoulders and squats
Saturday: bicep tricep split
Sunday: back and shoulder split, squats.

I wish all of you best of luck in your fitness journey!

Replies

• misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    WHOA! Go you!!
  • winterswish
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work has obviously paid off.

And totally aside, I freakin' love your hair.
  • RhondaMH65
    RhondaMH65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What a transformation and inspiration, you look fantastic! I have been thinking about lifting weights mmmmmmmm
  • rosichick
    rosichick Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You really do look very very good, can't wait to see my results :-)
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    thats a huge transformation!!!! great job!!!
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look great, your hard work has paid off.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Congrats!!!
  • Kaz0609
    Kaz0609 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow....Amazing....Just goes to show that yes if you put the time & effort in, it will pay off in the end....Well done you x
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What a huge difference! Congrats to you on your amazing year of results!! You ARE an inspiration! Best wishes to you!! Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • curejenn
    curejenn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!! Seriously you should be so proud. You look fantastic!
  • hmadrone
    hmadrone Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look terrific!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. As to your question, I don't think there's a problem with another bulk cycle. I don't think you "need" it personally, but you aren't going to look scary or crazy with a few more pounds of muscle. Basically it's up to you, and I don't think you'd be taking it too far. Again congrats; you've done wonders.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! What an amazing transformation! Great job! Wow!
  • koalahugs
    Options
    SHADAMN. ;) Good job! Hope you get shredded to the best of your abilities!!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great! Congrats to you. :flowerforyou:
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Wow. And I mean.... WOW!!
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    Wow... that's an amazing transformation! You look great!! :smile:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    holy *kitten*. amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!