URGENT PLEASE

Options
I really want to loose 12 kilos! (26 pounds) in three months...do you think it's possible if by doing cardio for 2 hours a day , 6 days a week and staying under 1200 calories that that will happen in just three months? If not, what else can I do!

Any tips?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic. Re-evaluate your goals before you go any further.

I must ask, why the urgency?
  • siobhsies
    siobhsies Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You know 12 kilos is only 26 pounds?
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    Some examples of how it's realistic please, that's about a kilo a week...
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    I just rounded it up...not good with the conversion
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    OH *kitten* YEAH!!!!!

WHERE THE HELL DID 167 lBS COME FROM?!

OP - which one is it?
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic. Re-evaluate your goals before you go any further.
    ^^ I agree! And yes, why are you so desperate to lose that much in such a short period of time?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    12 kilos in 3 months is 4 kilos per month, is about 2 lbs. per week. It isn't really healthy to lose more than 1% of your body weight per week, so if you weigh more than 200 lbs., that amount of loss is doable. HOWEVER, under no circumstances is it healthier to eat below your BMR for such an extended period of time, and I am willing to bet that your BMR is above 1200 calories a day.

What's the rush?
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    First thing first, why is it so important to lose such an amount in a short time? This is a lifestyle change and you need to eat more than 1200 cals. You may lose that much weight if you want to starve yourself...but why? You will only gain it back, and make yourself sick. Take a look at what you are doing, slow and steady wins the race.
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    hahah oops!!I don't know what on earth I was typing!!! I was rounding it off to 27 but somehow wrote that...
  • emchip1983
    Options
    if its 27lb you want to loose then yes you could do, ive lost 18lb since 3rd of jan , i did the 1200 cals til last week, and upped to 1500 , as ive lost such a big amount in such little time, and il have better chance keeping it off if i do it gradually. i do at least 60 mins of exercise 6 days a week, both a mix of cardio,free weights and sculpting.
  • shushy70
    shushy70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think you will lose a lot if you stick to that regimen , but people who have over 100 pounds to lose usually do it within a year to a year and a half , I would say you should stick to losing it safely , I agree with the previous poster that you need to reevaluate why you are doing this and how to go about it safely .
    If this is to lose by the summer or for an event , please let go of the number you want to see and just start being good to your body bty eating healthy , counting calories and starting a safe exercise regime . You may not see the numbers you want in the time frame your looking at , but you will start to feel better about yourself just knowing you've taken action , plus the extra energy you get from eating healthy and exercising
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    a kilo a week is possible but you will need to be very focused and allow for zero slip ups - I lost 10 kilos in 10 weeks so I know.
    I cut out:

all alcohol
    carbs after lunch - mostly (or if included only a very small portion for dinner)
    heaps of water
    zero junk food!
    lots of protein

every day work outs - cardio and weights.
    I went to a PT every Friday, she weighed me in and kept me accountable - it worked for me. The after measurements were awesome and I felt fantastic!

You absolutely CAN do it - stay focused, don't starve yourself - snack wisely throughout the day...drink water...stay away from alcohol! lol. I know I said that already!! That was a tough one for me but ya get used to it!
    Have your vision firmly in front of you and go for it.
    Good luck!!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the exact measure is...if 26 pounds, work your butt off and it may happen. If 167 pounds, not happening.
  • shushy70
    shushy70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    26 pounds , LOL , yes , completely possible , 2 pounds weekly .
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    4 kilos a month is about 1 kilo a week..four weeks in a month. According to my fitness pal it says my intake is about 1200 a day to loose weight, of course I'll eat more if I really need it but it seems about right as I eat big meals and my calorie intake is usually just under 1200
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    a kilo a week is possible but you will need to be very focused and allow for zero slip ups - I lost 10 kilos in 10 weeks so I know.
    I cut out:

all alcohol
    carbs after lunch - mostly (or if included only a very small portion for dinner)
    heaps of water
    zero junk food!
    lots of protein

every day work outs - cardio and weights.
    I went to a PT every Friday, she weighed me in and kept me accountable - it worked for me. The after measurements were awesome and I felt fantastic!

You absolutely CAN do it - stay focused, don't starve yourself - snack wisely throughout the day...drink water...stay away from alcohol! lol. I know I said that already!! That was a tough one for me but ya get used to it!
    Have your vision firmly in front of you and go for it.
    Good luck!!

Thankyou! This one actually helped, most other people are just focusing on my grammar mistake even after I fixed it up...grr! But thanks! - very helpful
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    So are you going to tell us why you are so rushed or are you avoiding answering that?

If you want to loose weight and keep it off then you should not be so rushed. Make real lifestyle changes that you can stick to forever. Another thing to think about is that you will loose a significant portion of muscle if you try to loose to much weight in to short a period.

MFP has you at 1200 because that is it's default minimum setting. You have your weight reduction goal set to 2 pounds a week and probably have your activity level set to low. You need to be eating at least your BMR. (THE AMOUNT OF CALORIES YOU WOULD BE GIVEN IF YOU WERE IN A COMA TO SUPPORT BASIC BODY FUNCTION)

All that being said if you eat enough and most importently REALLY PUSH THE EXCERCISE you could make some very significant progress in the time you are talking about.
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    I thought I wouldn't have to address the question as everyone that had asked thought I was trying to loose 167 pounds in three months...
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, after those 3 months.. you should back down on cardio and start lifting. You'll stall eating 1200 (too low ) and doing that much cardio. So once the 3 months is up, start a new healthy and maintainable routine. Okayy???
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So are you going to tell us why you are so rushed or are you avoiding answering that?
    I'm so curious about that?

If you want to be healthy for the rest of your life change your eating habits & exercise. If you want to go on a diet to lose weight and have it come back plus more. Go ahead and torture yourself.