URGENT PLEASE

Options

Replies

• alexandrastaines
    Options
    Yeah deffinatly! That's been the plan! :)
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    I've already replied in response to this. I don't think 1 kilos or 2 pounds a week is THAT much. If I'm eating healthy and exercising there's no problem with that! It's not an unhealthy routine and it's too loose my bulk weight. Then I can cut down on cardio.

Before I started eating healthy I ate a lot less then 1200,and I find it difficult to get to that at the moment? There's really not that much 'tourture' with eating as much yummy healthy food as I want while staying in my calorie intake allowance...
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hell, it's your business why you want to loose it in a hurry.

Personally I would split it up into 2 weekly chunks.

See if you can loose 7lb in the 1st 2 weeks, then have a weekend off if you have.

Try 5:2 fasting after that, you won't get so bored.

Get a dry wipe board and weigh once a week and plot your weight

Don't forget to measure when you start and every couple of weeks to give you a motivational boost.

Go and see your Doctor to get your health checked and make sure that it's all safe, if you have major health issues they may help with Fat pills or what ever.

It's not right to approach loosing weight with urgency, you need to be committed to it for the long term, by Bi Polar Starve and binge, happy and positive, fed up and fat cycle is one you need to be on top of.

If you start a regime at 100% it will be hard, maybe too hard and put you off, why not try to start with the diet, then add 20% of your exercise goal every other day until you get to the level you want??? It may seem slower but may stop you damaging muscles and having too many aches and pains to carry on?

Get a friend or relative to do it with you?

Best of luck
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    Hell, it's your business why you want to loose it in a hurry.

Personally I would split it up into 2 weekly chunks.

See if you can loose 7lb in the 1st 2 weeks, then have a weekend off if you have.

Try 5:2 fasting after that, you won't get so bored.

Get a dry wipe board and weigh once a week and plot your weight

Don't forget to measure when you start and every couple of weeks to give you a motivational boost.

Go and see your Doctor to get your health checked and make sure that it's all safe, if you have major health issues they may help with Fat pills or what ever.

It's not right to approach loosing weight with urgency, you need to be committed to it for the long term, by Bi Polar Starve and binge, happy and positive, fed up and fat cycle is one you need to be on top of.

If you start a regime at 100% it will be hard, maybe too hard and put you off, why not try to start with the diet, then add 20% of your exercise goal every other day until you get to the level you want??? It may seem slower but may stop you damaging muscles and having too many aches and pains to carry on?

Get a friend or relative to do it with you?

Best of luck

Thanks for the help! I'm not at regime of 100% at the moment :) I have started with the lifestyle change of eating healthy - not a diet, I've just got to add the exercise...I was just curious If I really could get to the weight I want within 3 months.

And gee I agree! It's my personal business, thanks! :)
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, after those 3 months.. you should back down on cardio and start lifting. You'll stall eating 1200 (too low ) and doing that much cardio. So once the 3 months is up, start a new healthy and maintainable routine. Okayy???

I second this
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    If you're doing so much exercise, remember to get some toning and strength exercises in too- you'll see a massive difference within a fortnight. And don't focus too much on what the scales say, FEEL and measure the difference. All the best- you sound really motivated, keep positive and don't crash and burn! Enjoy!
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options
    I've already replied in response to this. I don't think 1 kilos or 2 pounds a week is THAT much. If I'm eating healthy and exercising there's no problem with that! It's not an unhealthy routine and it's too loose my bulk weight. Then I can cut down on cardio.

Before I started eating healthy I ate a lot less then 1200,and I find it difficult to get to that at the moment? There's really not that much 'tourture' with eating as much yummy healthy food as I want while staying in my calorie intake allowance...

You are correct that 2 pounds a week is not that out there. It really not. But you really need to understand BMR and TDEE. If you eat to low for to long then your body will start to compensate and hold on to any and all sources of energy that it can. (fat) Your body needs to know it will be getting it's energy from food or it will not burn the fat.

If you really want to do this the right way and make it last long term then eat 20-30 percent below your TDEE (At least eat at your BMR). And then really amp up the excercise.
  • alexandrastaines
    Options

You are correct that 2 pounds a week is not that out there. It really not. But you really need to understand BMR and TDEE. If you eat to low for to long then your body will start to compensate and hold on to any and all sources of energy that it can. (fat) Your body needs to know it will be getting it's energy from food or it will not burn the fat.

If you really want to do this the right way and make it last long term then eat 20-30 percent below your TDEE (At least eat at your BMR). And then really amp up the excercise.

So does that mean if I'm full, I have to keep eating? <-- serious questions haha! Because people say that 1200 is too low, and yes it does sound low, but honestly I struggle getting to that amount (because I get too full).
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    If you're doing so much exercise, remember to get some toning and strength exercises in too- you'll see a massive difference within a fortnight. And don't focus too much on what the scales say, FEEL and measure the difference. All the best- you sound really motivated, keep positive and don't crash and burn! Enjoy!

Deffinatly will!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Yes keep eating! Have some mayo on your sandwich, order pizza on a weekend, your metabolism will thank you!
    Its not hard to exceed 1200 calories- I can do that by lunchtime!! :P
    Am jealous of those who say they are too full, honestly!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I really want to loose 12 kilos! (26 pounds) in three months...do you think it's possible if by doing cardio for 2 hours a day , 6 days a week and staying under 1200 calories that that will happen in just three months? If not, what else can I do!

Any tips?

It depends on how much you have to lose. If it's a lot, it might be feasible. But if 26 pounds is all you want to lose then it's not realistic. Set your MFP goal to 1 lb per week, eat back your exercise calories, and relax. Did you ever say what the rush was? You're not going to be able to force it, and trying is just going to frustrate you.

As for eating more there are tons of ways to get your calories up. Full fat dairy, nuts, peanut butter, and avocado are all healthy foods that will raise your calories.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options

So does that mean if I'm full, I have to keep eating? <-- serious questions haha! Because people say that 1200 is too low, and yes it does sound low, but honestly I struggle getting to that amount (because I get too full).

It may sound like i am being hard or i don't get it but i do. My wife is 4'10''. Her BMR is 1408. She strugles to get to 1200 very often. I know it sounds like a challenge but YES. If you are not at 1200 calories then you should eat more. However this does not mean go and eat when you are not hungry. It means that you should eat more calorie dense foods, or just larger portions, when you are hungry. You have likely conditioned your body to be used to eating lower calories. My wife went through all of this.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options

Usually, if someone has trouble eating enough at 1200 calories, it means that they aren't getting enough fat in their diet. Olive oil and nuts are both great sources of healthy fats.

You have to understand that some of the people here have been on yo-yo diets for many years, and screwed their bodies up something good in the process. They hear that you have to lose weight urgently, and worry that you are setting yourself up for the same. In fact, if you are usually eating under 1200 daily, you probably already have, in which case you would benefit from slowly increasing your calories by 100 calories every week. That will allow your metabolism to recover, which will allow you to see the weight loss results you desire.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I lost that amount in 4 months eating 1,600 calories a day, though it depends on how much you have to lose. My weight loss has definitely slowed down.
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    I really want to loose 12 kilos! (26 pounds) in three months...do you think it's possible if by doing cardio for 2 hours a day , 6 days a week and staying under 1200 calories that that will happen in just three months? If not, what else can I do!

Any tips?

It depends on how much you have to lose. If it's a lot, it might be feasible. But if 26 pounds is all you want to lose then it's not realistic. Set your MFP goal to 1 lb per week, eat back your exercise calories, and relax. Did you ever say what the rush was? You're not going to be able to force it, and trying is just going to frustrate you.

As for eating more there are tons of ways to get your calories up. Full fat dairy, nuts, peanut butter, and avocado are all healthy foods that will raise your calories.

I can't eat that much food! I'd go broke...
    But thanks for the tips on extra ways to add calories!
  • alexandrastaines
    Options

Usually, if someone has trouble eating enough at 1200 calories, it means that they aren't getting enough fat in their diet. Olive oil and nuts are both great sources of healthy fats.

You have to understand that some of the people here have been on yo-yo diets for many years, and screwed their bodies up something good in the process. They hear that you have to lose weight urgently, and worry that you are setting yourself up for the same. In fact, if you are usually eating under 1200 daily, you probably already have, in which case you would benefit from slowly increasing your calories by 100 calories every week. That will allow your metabolism to recover, which will allow you to see the weight loss results you desire.

Thanks for the help :)
  • alexandrastaines
    Options

It may sound like i am being hard or i don't get it but i do. My wife is 4'10''. Her BMR is 1408. She strugles to get to 1200 very often. I know it sounds like a challenge but YES. If you are not at 1200 calories then you should eat more. However this does not mean go and eat when you are not hungry. It means that you should eat more calorie dense foods, or just larger portions, when you are hungry. You have likely conditioned your body to be used to eating lower calories. My wife went through all of this.

My BMR is 1464.1 - yes it makes it hard, I sympathise with your wife! haha - gotcha :) Thanks for all the help today!
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Any tips?

I think its totally possible. you will really have to eat clean and work out religiously but it can be done. I have done so since Thanksgiving week. I should also say that it has to do with where you are starting. If you are smaller already, it will be more difficult.

I have been going to the gym four days a week. I alternate my weights workout each time I go. I do about an hour of weights and then 1 hour of cardio. My cardio of choice is Zumba. On Saturdays, I do two hours of Zumba.

I would say find a workout that works for you and that you can stick with and it can happen.
  • 2roses4u
    2roses4u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is not enough to sustain that much exercise. You will go into starvation mode and start gaining weight.

You cn reach your goal, but you need to do it properly. Have your settings set to lose 2 lbs a week. It will give you a daily goal. You need to reach that daily intake goal, or be close to it. You must also remember to log your exersise. Your daily calorie goal will increase based on calorie burned. You must still reach it or come close.

I know from experience. I gained 6 pounds in a week even though I was 100-700 calories in the grean each day. My body was starving. It took me three weeks to reset my body. Staying around 100 green - 100 red I have been able to start losing again.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options

My BMR is 1464.1 - yes it makes it hard, I sympathise with your wife! haha - gotcha :) Thanks for all the help today!

Just add litle bits of whatever to make each meal a little more of a calorie punch. PB is always good. Feel free to add my wife if you want. (stormygirl_82)