To eat breakfast or not to eat breakfast

Options
124»

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I lost the vast majority of my weight not eating breakfast. It tends to disagree with me. But I hit a point where I was having trouble getting in enough calories on maintenance and for my workouts, so I have started adding something in. For me this is cold brewed coffee with greek yogurt and protein powder as my sweetener/lightener. And that gives me the 200 calories I was needing in my day. But I haven't noticed it doing anything magical. It did not magically make me more alert, shrink my stomach or @ss. I just found that I was not physically able to eat enough healthy-ish food in my "normal" eating hours, so I decided to drink some cals in the morning.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think that it's different for different people. Some people need breakfast first thing in the morning, some don't, and some prefer to eat it later in the morning (like around 9-10 o'clock).

For me, breakfast is usually my biggest meal of the day (at least in calories) because I love b'fast foods and I find that having a higher calorie breakfast with almost all food groups (eggs, milk, grains, fruit) keeps me more satisfied during the day and helps me avoid eating things I shouldn't eat.

I think it's all a matter of preference.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

a handfull of cherios? You might as well say you drink a glass of water and it "jumpstarts" your metabolism...and stomach sounds have nothing to do with metabolism...

Someone actually said that in another thread! lol
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I eat a handful of cheerios in the morning and it absolutely jump-starts MY metabolism.

No - what it does is spike your insulin. That is a far different thing.

The fact that it works for you is great, but it absolutely, positively does NOT jump-start your metabolism.

Sounds like some here need to do a little research on the function of metabolism. lol Eating does not effect metabolism beyond TEF or the Thermic Effect of Food. You want to boost your metabolism? Go work out!

a handfull of cherios? You might as well say you drink a glass of water and it "jumpstarts" your metabolism...and stomach sounds have nothing to do with metabolism...

It jumpstarts the placebo effect.