Salmon recipes

Options
Anyone have any healthy salmon recipes they would like to share?

I always just sprinkle mine with salt,pepper,minced onions,parsley,and old bay and bake it in the oven for 15-20mins on 400.

Any other suggestions?? I LOVE salmon!

Replies

• bsmith404
    bsmith404 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    boil or microwave: brown sugar, honey mustard, soy sauce and butter (about 1-2tsp each) and put on top of salmon. Let it marinate for about 30minutes then broil it.

I may also do: honey, butter, and brown sugar.

You can also do Salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, paprika.

I love salmon as well. Eat it 3-4x a week.
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fish anymore, but I created a really great recipe for strawberry teriyaki salmon:

Ingredients

1 lb center cut salmon filets

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 T brown sugar

2 T good quality strawberry jam (I recommend Bonne Maman)

1 garlic clove, minced

1/2 T grated ginger

Preheat broiler. Combine all the ingredients (save salmon) in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, then simmer until thickened (8-10 minutes). Season salmon with salt and pepper and broil for 4 minutes. Brush each filet evenly with glaze and broil for 2-4 more minutes, depending on thickness. Let sit for a few minutes then serve with remaining glaze.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Maple dijon is pretty easy. Equal parts real maple syrup, and dijon mustard. Add some salt and pepper and brush on to salmon. Bake for about 20 min or until done at 375F.
  • kimberly728
    Options
    equal parts soy sauce and brown sugar- mix it to blend, pour on salmon, let sit for 30min up to overnight. bake on 350 until done.

delicious, but i wouldnt eat it that way more than once a week just due to sodium and sugar content.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Anymore ideas?
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i usually make salmon patties. Just google salmon patties with nutrition info and there are good ones for about 220 cals per patty.
  • rjc0914
    rjc0914 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do a Pistachio Crusted Honey Salmon which is unbelievable. Get a pound or so of your favorite salmon. Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Crush half a cup of peeled pistachios (I use unsalted) in a food processor or blender, then add 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs, 1 tbsp grated parm. cheese and whatever seasonings you like (I use black pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little thyme). Pulse until mixture is fine then move to a shallow bowl and drizzle 1 or 2 TBSP olive oil over it while tossing with a fork to moisten the crumbs. Lay the salmon filets on the baking sheet and spread 2 TBSP of Dijon mustard over the top and sides of the filets (you don't have to do the bottoms), then press each filet into the crumb mixture to coat top and sides. Place filets crumb side up on prepped baking sheet and sprinkle remaining crumb mixture evenly on salmon. Drizzle a little honey over each filet (I use about a teaspoon on each one). Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on thickness. Remove from oven and drizzle a little more honey on each filet, then return to oven and BROIL on high for 1-2 minutes. The top will get nice and crispy. This is so good it's not even funny! I usually serve with a sauteed mixture of baby carrots, green beans and baby portabella mushrooms but to each his/her own!
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    read post below. 2x post.
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Literally, buy this;
    prodshot_mar_hteriyaki.jpg

Brush a good amount on the salmon.
    Grill it up (buy a grill pan if you don't have one) with some green onions/garlic in the pan.

Devour.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have a favourite spice mix (McCormick Mojito Lime) that I sprinkle onto salmon steaks and then pan fry. Very tasty and fast.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Dill and salt is my go to
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I also like to make it like this:
    (I don't measure when I invent a recipe so)

Grate an orange
    put zest in bowl.
    Mix zest with some cloves (to taste) of fresh really minced up garlic, and some good black pepper bland (I like Jamaican Me Crazy)
    Put salmon skin side down in pan.
    Squeeze orange juice from zested orange over salmon.
    Top salmon with zest mixture
    Bake til done.

Pairs well with rice and green beans
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Parmasean crusted salmon! And so easy to do!
  • godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am always trying to find salmon recipes.
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • annebuta
    annebuta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try this recipe from the Whole Foods website - it is awesome and easy (and you can pare it down to make just one or two servings, of course). I just fold up the parchement to seal it instead of using the twine to tie it - works just fine...

Ingredients:

6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
    Salt and pepper to taste
    6 (15-square inch) pieces parchment paper
    1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
    2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    2 lemons, thinly sliced
    Kitchen twine

Method:

Place a large baking sheet on bottom rack of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F.

Season salmon with salt and pepper. Cut two half inch slices into flesh of each piece of salmon; roll basil leaves and stuff into slits in salmon.

Place a salmon fillet in the center of each piece of parchment paper. Drizzle each fillet with 1 teaspoon of the oil, then place lemon slices on top. Gather sides of parchment up over salmon to form a pouch, leaving no openings, and tie tightly with kitchen twine. Place packages directly on hot baking sheet in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Transfer to plates and carefully open packages to release steam before serving.

Nutritional Info:
    Per Serving:450 calories (220 from fat), 15g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 95mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 0g sugar), 34g protein
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Because I am doing low-carb...eating lots of salmon lately and one of my favorites is salmon almondine:

Take butter and chopped almonds saute in pan till brown, then squeeze alittle lemon juice and pour over salmon (either pan fried, grilled or baked).
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Made some last night in a foil packet in our toaster/oven. Two layers of foil, salmon, some ghee (clarified butter) Penzey's Trinidad seasoning and some garlic. Cooked for about a half hour/45 minutes as I started with frozen pieces.