Salmon recipes

Options

Replies

• phoenikia
    phoenikia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I top salmon steaks, salmon fillets, as well as trout and pickerel with a mixture of

a handful chopped cilantro, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 minced seeded jalapeno, a tbsp olive oil, a tbsp lime juice, optional 1 tsp of ground cumin, freshly ground pepper, optional dash of cayenne/chili pepper

or

a handful chopped cilantro, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger, 1 tsp soy, 1/2 tsp sesame oil

then bake at 375 F until it flakes with a fork (usually around 15 minutes).

I also make a maple lime salmon, topping salmon with roughly 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1/8 tsp cayenne, 1 clove minced garlic, also baked at 375 F.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian so give me any excuse to use maple syrup and I'm on it.

I sprinkle a piece of salmon with some garlic salt, then pan fry it until it's about 3/4 done then pour about a tbsp of maple syrup over it and turn down the heat. Then eat. mmmmm. like heaven
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I put 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt in the food processor with 1 whole peeled and seeded cucumber and 1 tbsp of dill, salt, pepper and granulated garlic to taste. Puree until smooth and you've got a fresh, fat free cucumber/dill sauce to serve on your salmon. YUMMY!
  • sunshinepalmtree
    Options
    Bump!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I just made salmon last night and the leftovers for lunch.

I brushed the salmon with a mix of lemon juice (didn't have real lemons, had to use bottled) minced garlic, dill weed and some olive oil. Baked it in the oven at 450. It worked really well and we had it with a spinach salad.
  • 1jobean
    Options
    Bump
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like mine with salt, pepper, and real maple syrup baked in the oven.
  • happierandstronger
    Options
    I make a salmon pasta which is quite yum. Just cook the salmon to your liking and break it up into small pieces. Boil up pasta. Of your choice. For the "sauce" just mix olive oil and lemon juice in a jar with some parsley... Shake it up and mix it through the salmon and pasta :)
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    For lunch: Cibbatta roll, basil pesto, thinly sliced salmon, avocado, rocket (+/- extra light philly depending on how I feel).
  • holdingon2faith793
    Options
    Bump! Got some in the fridge for tomorrow
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,367 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I do a Pistachio Crusted Honey Salmon which is unbelievable. Get a pound or so of your favorite salmon. Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Crush half a cup of peeled pistachios (I use unsalted) in a food processor or blender, then add 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs, 1 tbsp grated parm. cheese and whatever seasonings you like (I use black pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little thyme). Pulse until mixture is fine then move to a shallow bowl and drizzle 1 or 2 TBSP olive oil over it while tossing with a fork to moisten the crumbs. Lay the salmon filets on the baking sheet and spread 2 TBSP of Dijon mustard over the top and sides of the filets (you don't have to do the bottoms), then press each filet into the crumb mixture to coat top and sides. Place filets crumb side up on prepped baking sheet and sprinkle remaining crumb mixture evenly on salmon. Drizzle a little honey over each filet (I use about a teaspoon on each one). Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on thickness. Remove from oven and drizzle a little more honey on each filet, then return to oven and BROIL on high for 1-2 minutes. The top will get nice and crispy. This is so good it's not even funny! I usually serve with a sauteed mixture of baby carrots, green beans and baby portabella mushrooms but to each his/her own!

Sounds delish!!!
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • EmilyBullough
    EmilyBullough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe I use for salmon, from the food blog Budget Bytes: http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/04/ginger-salmon-765-recipe-255-serving.html
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I make a reduction with fresh squeezed orange juice and maple syrup and baste it on the salmon as it's grilling. It's soo good. You can use frozen OJ instead but it doesn't taste as 'fresh'.
    Sometimes we use a bit of sweet chili sauce instead. You don't have to use much to add a ton of flavor.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump