what is your reward?

Options
Learning to reward myself with something other than food has been hard. All my life food has been how we celebrate, how we commemorate. Every time I achieve a goal I think, "I should give myself a cheat day to eat whatever I want!" then realize just how counterproductive this would be. For my latest goal reached I will be rewarding myself with new work clothes since all my old ones are falling off.

What do you guys reward yourselves with?

And before you jump on to me about it, no I do not deprive myself of food when I want something special, I am just learning not to see food as a reward.

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    My reward is this - every lb lost is $10 for a new, stylish, trendy wardrobe.
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My reward is this - every lb lost is $10 for a new, stylist, trendy wardrobe.

oh i like this one!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I use a workout tip jar (you can see it in my picture and I have a description on my profile).

I'm also hoping to look good in my maid-of-honor dress at my best friends wedding in May :bigsmile:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I got 30 dollars worth of gift cards to Hot Topic for Christmas. When I hit goal weight, my reward is to bust those in and get me an adorable, skull-adorned, sinfully short dress!
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    when i get to my goal weight im getting myself a tattoo
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    My reward is this - every lb lost is $10 for a new, stylist, trendy wardrobe.

I LOVE this idea. Mine was clothing in general but if I add a $ amount to it, I will have so much more motivation for weight loss. Fantastic!
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options

I was thinking the same thing at first.
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    As I get smaller, I am cleaning out my closet. At present, I don't have much to wear...I haven't been this small in over 20 years. Right now I am buying thrift store clothes cause I hope to be out them soon....and they go back to the thrift store. So my reward comes when I reach 145...and maintain it for a couple of months. All brand new clothes!!
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I love eshakti dresses, especially this particular one below. They can be custom made to your size pretty cheap. But, I'm not getting that dress for a changing body. When I'm done losing, this will be my gift to myself.

http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL0026088/Havana-dress

I will also buy other clothes out of nessecity, but I'm saving this special dress for my goal
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Depends on your budget, but I like:

Movies
    Jewelry
    Cologne
    Books
    A day at the park or a hike somewhere pretty. Feels great when you are feeling lighter and stronger!
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options

This is my plan too!
  • oh_em_gee
    Options

I was thinking the same thing at first.

Me too, and I might, but no family or the bf would be happy
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    My reward is this - every lb lost is $10 for a new, stylish, trendy wardrobe.

And put the $ in my "clothes jar" when I lose the pound. 8 lbs lost = $80 - that's a good start for me!
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    my family would be pissed too if i got a tattoo but its going to be for me and its a reminder that i lost the weight and i will not put it back on
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When I get to my mid way point I'm gonna get my hair did. When I make it to my goal I'm getting new clothes! Mostly skirts and dresses.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I have a very long ways to go, so I am setting up longevity rewards.

At the beginning of March, I will get a Yonanas, just for sticking with the program. My next reward after that will be a Just Dance game...
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    my family would be pissed too if i got a tattoo but its going to be for me and its a reminder that i lost the weight and i will not put it back on

I really don't mind what family says but I don't want to upset my SO. Ultimately, my body, my decision, but his opinion does matter to me
  • irish8321
    irish8321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My reward is to wear a bikini on my anniversary trip in September. I have never worn one out in public before and i want to show off my hard work to my husband and friends
  • newfette81
    Options
    I love eshakti dresses, especially this particular one below. They can be custom made to your size pretty cheap. But, I'm not getting that dress for a changing body. When I'm done losing, this will be my gift to myself.

http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL0026088/Havana-dress

I will also buy other clothes out of nessecity, but I'm saving this special dress for my goal

That dress is georgous!
  • Oakley82
    Options
    When I reach my ultimate goal, it's going to be a tattoo also!

I decided every 5 lbs its going to be new gear. Either a new workout outfit or new workout shoes. New workout stuff ALWAYS keeps me motivated!