what is your reward?

Options

Replies

• nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    several people have mentioned a tattoo as a reward and i don't know why i never thought of that! i got my second tattoo as a reward for signing up and completing my first race (it was only a 3k but hey it was a start!).
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Ultimately a passport. I was going to buy it when I hit goal, but those things are expensive, so I'll keep working out and getting in shape and buy it when I can.

Along the way I buy clothes, books, music, gadgets, games, and anything else I can afford that isn't edible.
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    For right now it's a biggest loser contest at work. Five weeks to go. Reward $500 and a free Golds gym membership. But for me it's the bragging rights. Now I'm pushing for another competition to see who can keep it off by next year. I love incentive were programed to respond when a carrot is dangled. And yes I said carrot not cheeseburger.
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    For right now it's a biggest loser contest at work. Five weeks to go. Reward $500 and a free Golds gym membership. But for me it's the bragging rights. Now I'm pushing for another competition to see who can keep it off by next year. I love incentive were programed to respond when a carrot is dangled. And yes I said carrot not cheeseburger.

we just finished one of those at my office, but there are very few of us here so the only reward was bragging rights lol. the competition to see who can keep it off is a good idea!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    When I started (July 2012), I was 250. My goal is 175 and the rewards was a $2500-4000 bike. When I hit 210, I did buy a new bike that was comparable to the bikes I was looking at, BUT at only $500.00. My wife bought a smaller frame of the same bike a week later and it was one more way we supported each other in our weight loss/healthier life-style.

I'm 20 away from my goal, my wife is 3-5 pounds away. Our reward is a week in Florida in June. I may not hit my goal completely, but I seriously doubt I'll be more than 10 pounds away AND we plan to be in our swim gear, showing off the hard work we did.
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My plan is for every 5-10 lbs I lose, I'm going to buy a cute shirt in the size I will be..I'm a huge t-shirt, jeans kinda girl, and I am so looking for to the day when I can wear much cuter, much smaller t-shirts/jeans!! :bigsmile:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    New clothes.
  • saunderl
    saunderl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a jar and for every day I work out I put $1, and for every pound lost I put $5. I am not to sure yet how I will spend this money or when.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror
    Looking at all the fooking weight on the barbell I just deadlifted
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    As I get smaller, I am cleaning out my closet. At present, I don't have much to wear...I haven't been this small in over 20 years. Right now I am buying thrift store clothes cause I hope to be out them soon....and they go back to the thrift store. So my reward comes when I reach 145...and maintain it for a couple of months. All brand new clothes!!

love this so inspirational !
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I saw this quote once and I liked it, "You're not a dog, don't reward yourself with food."

I like to go on shopping sprees as a reward!
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    Pretty shoes for every goal I meet my old ones are getting too big xx
  • martinh78
    Options
    Mine is beating my friends everytime we go up the mountains and listen to them say (again) "well your fitter/work-out/exercise/eat better than me. Yeah, and don't I know it :drinker:

Problem is I need new friends as it's getting boring winning every time :bigsmile:
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Pantera tattoo
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Every 5 pounds I try to do something. Eyebrow wax, new nail polish. When I reach my halfway point I am going to have a spa day! Have my gift certificate waiting to be used!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Learning to reward myself with something other than food has been hard. All my life food has been how we celebrate, how we commemorate. Every time I achieve a goal I think, "I should give myself a cheat day to eat whatever I want!" then realize just how counterproductive this would be. For my latest goal reached I will be rewarding myself with new work clothes since all my old ones are falling off.

What do you guys reward yourselves with?

And before you jump on to me about it, no I do not deprive myself of food when I want something special, I am just learning not to see food as a reward.

Success is it's own reward. :smokin:

But a Peanut Buster Parfait is worth working toward as well. :drinker:
  • Sirius_Amadeus
    Options
    I constantly reward myself with LUSH products lol. Once my arms are 14" around, i'm getting a third tattoo. Once my chub pads on my hips are gone, i'm getting a rox shox fork for my bike. And when my abs come out to play this summer, i'm having my 35th birthday party on the beach and I am ROCKING a Brazilian bikini. [:
  • GeekTink
    GeekTink Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Every 20lbs or so, I plan on going to my Amazon wishlist and buying something off of it. Some beautiful orange saphire jewelery, books, home decor, you name it, I probably have it on there. When I hit 195 though, I want a Zumba Wii game!

When I hit my goal? Taking my woman and going bikini shopping!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I saw this quote once and I liked it, "You're not a dog, don't reward yourself with food."

I like to go on shopping sprees as a reward!

I hate that quote. :laugh:
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm down a half a pound a day. That's the only reward I need until I'm at goal!