being stood up

Options
I got hit hard last friday night by a girl who began to flirt more and more with me over the past few weeks... She told me how cute she thought I was. After all this we go on a coffee date ... During this real quick date, she tells me she would liek to have me come over to her house for dinner friday night. and that she wants to cook dinner for me. Friday comes we text a few times she tells me that were still on. Nothing the rest of the day. No cancellation No NOTHING! and never called texted or emailed the whole rest of the weekened. I spent the whole weekend feeling like total ****.. Today she emails me saying she didnt think we had enough of a connection. I am so friggnin confused

Can anyone shed some light on this for me. I totally feel like crap! mayeb its cuz I am fat? I dunno but I dont like the horrible feeling I have been experienceing. Hurts alot!

anyone else had a similar experieicnce I am looking to talk with you

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Ewww, lose the trash, not even worth your time. Keep looking she's out there.
  • norm1539
    Options
    Burn her house down.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    yea its called evil women that like to play games. drop her butt and if she calls you later tell her that your worth a hell of a lot more than to be treated like dirt.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    She's mean - not all girls are like that.

Move on, there is someone better for you out there!
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    Don't worry about her.... that's someone not worth your physical/mental/emotional energy.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Dont take it personal dude.

Most likely she met someone else during this time that she was more interested in. As simple of an explanation as it is, she handled it like crap. There's a bunch of other fish in the sea, as they say. A girl who handles a situation like this isnt "a keeper" anyway.
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    She was probably to afraid to say anything to your face or over the phone so she blew you off. Not the kind of person anyone should date. She should have been upfront and blunt. Maybe the two of you didn't have a connection. I doubt your body had anything to do with her decision.
  • kaybelieve
    Options
    I've been through something similar, sucks *kitten* to think someone could lead you on like that and just drop you like you mean nothing. You'll find someone better, you don't need someone like that in your life :)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    it's not because of your size, she liked you from the start....or so she said. In my experience, people like fantasy a lot better than reality. So even if it was nothing serious, people get scared or lazy or what have you....she should have at least had the decency to cancel plans (ON THE PHONE or in PERSON) and say maybe we can hang out later, instead of this heavy dinner date. It sounds like she just likes attention. Keep your head up, there are a lot of sh**ty people out there who don't care about your feelings. It's nothing you did wrong. Lucky for you, there are MANY other girls out there, so you don't have to think another second about this dweeb :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It's not because you're fat, it's because she's a b@@ch. Lose her number.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Most likely she met someone else during this time that she was more interested in. As simple of an explanation as it is, she handled it like crap. There's a bunch of other fish in the sea, as they say. A girl who handles a situation like this isnt "a keeper" anyway.

Just ignore her emails/texts. Move forward and be happy that you didn't invest even more time to find out she is mean. Remember it is her loss not yours. You do not need someone like that in your life. You deserve better.
  • suzie308
    Options

Amen
  • Oakley82
    Options

This x100!!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    During this real quick date, she tells me she would liek to have me come over to her house for dinner friday night. and that she wants to cook dinner for me. Friday comes we text a few times she tells me that were still on. Nothing the rest of the day. No cancellation No NOTHING! and never called texted or emailed the whole rest of the weekened. I spent the whole weekend feeling like total ****..

If there was no cancellation, why didn't you show up for dinner?
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    She sucks. Plain and simple.

Chalk it up to her being a crappy human being and move on. It has nothing to do with you. Don't take it personally.
  • macaya5
    Options
    it's like mass transit, dude. there will be another along shortly.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    that's not cool.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    How old is she??? I would hope a bonefied grown up would handle themselves with a little more decorum and empathy. I went on 2 dates after my divorce beofre I met my current (and final) hubby. I was NOT going to go on 2nd dates with either of those fellows. I tried nicely to tell the first one it wasn't going to work. Eventually, I just stopped answering his calls. It took an incredibly long 3 weeks before he gave up. I TRIED being nice right off the bat, but he wasn't listening. #2. . .well. . .that was dead in the water before we even met at the restaurant. He was much more mature about things.

Someone who claims things are great and then evaporates. . .well, they aren't really worth basing your self opinion on. If she spent a bunch of time with you, got to know you and THEN flaked out. . .I would probably feel badly too. But in your current situation. . .from what you've shared. . .this on is all on her.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    She's bogus...move on.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    She's just very inconsiderate and probably chickened out. On to the next one.