being stood up

Options

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    During this real quick date, she tells me she would liek to have me come over to her house for dinner friday night. and that she wants to cook dinner for me. Friday comes we text a few times she tells me that were still on. Nothing the rest of the day. No cancellation No NOTHING! and never called texted or emailed the whole rest of the weekened. I spent the whole weekend feeling like total ****..

If there was no cancellation, why didn't you show up for dinner?

I wondered this, too?
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Shake it off and don't take it too personally. With that kind of attitude and deceptiveness, she just isn't worth the time. Plenty more fish in the sea...Don't give up and when the right one comes along, you will know it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    During this real quick date, she tells me she would liek to have me come over to her house for dinner friday night. and that she wants to cook dinner for me. Friday comes we text a few times she tells me that were still on. Nothing the rest of the day. No cancellation No NOTHING! and never called texted or emailed the whole rest of the weekened. I spent the whole weekend feeling like total ****..

Yeah, I'm still not understanding this part? Why didn't you go?
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Horrible woman, forget,move on :smile:
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think it was too soon really. You only met last Friday night. I wouldn't have potential dates to my home until I knew them well. I'd date in public places for quite a while before I'd make intimate dinners at home for somebody. Nothing to do with your weight. Perhaps she got carried away in the first place and didn't know how to call it off.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was supposed to text him the address and never did?
  • Bassafrass80
    Bassafrass80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You're a very good looking man! I'm sure you can bounce past this and find someone even better who won't act like a huge B***H! :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with you, babe! She's just a b*tch. :flowerforyou:
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    That's pretty shady... I mean After the first date... If there isn't a connection... there isn't a connection... sure it still hurts, but to make plans and then stand someone up is just rude... Sorry... There are lots of other nice girls out there... keep trying... they say nice guys finish last... but they generally finish with a hot wife and a fat bank account. hang in there.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Maybe she was supposed to text him the address and never did?

that's what I was thinking...
  • Elma1975
    Options
    The way she treated you was rude, rude, rude.
    The least she could have done was to send you a text or call you and tell you she wasn´t ready.
    So not acceptable behaviour from her part.
    I don´t care if you were two times the size you are or thin as a toothpick, you deserved a phone call and explanation.
    I´m sorry you had to go through this.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Shes a ho. She probably is playing the same game with other dudes and then selecting the "best" dates at her whim
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Im sorry im stuck on the fact that you think your fat? :noway:

Does not compute keeps coming to my mind.:smokin: :blushing:

Other than that all i can think is dont make your self worth about some silly girl that obviously wasn't worth your time! Move on because seriously there are thousands of women out there that are looking for a guy and im sure one of them will suit you much better!

Good luck!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Dont take it personal dude.

Most likely she met someone else during this time that she was more interested in. As simple of an explanation as it is, she handled it like crap. There's a bunch of other fish in the sea, as they say. A girl who handles a situation like this isnt "a keeper" anyway.

This^^^^^^
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Most likely she met someone else during this time that she was more interested in. As simple of an explanation as it is, she handled it like crap. There's a bunch of other fish in the sea, as they say. A girl who handles a situation like this isnt "a keeper" anyway.

Totally agree with this ^^^. Sounds like she met someone she liked better, and didn't know how to eloquently let you know that. (Dating sucks, I know....) Regardless, it's better that it happened now.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

^^ Well said. I've had the same thing in reverse. The only time men talk to me is when they need help with a project here at work (I doubt they even notice I am a woman). Anyway, I get really depressed thinking about it too. Now I just do things with my kids (they're teenagers so we can go and do just about anything) and work on my own hobbies.

It doesn't fix the fact that I've been single for four years, but l know letting people who aren't relationship material occupy my time just wears on my ego.

Good luck! :)

**Edited for grammar**
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Shes a ho. She probably is playing the same game with other dudes and then selecting the "best" dates at her whim

And this^^^
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

This is what I was wondering.

She didn't cancel - why didn't you go as planned?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    It's pretty simple.

There was an initial attraction. It was weak and it faded to nothing.

The lady in question could have acted with a bit more class but at least she didn't string you along for months.

This happens all the time.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    A girl? Maybe her parents were suppose to be out for the nite and decided to stay home. Try dating women ;-)