Tramp Stamp? Like/Dislike

Options

Replies

• sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Modified Mama, your response is so childish. I voiced my opinion here about a THING, while you resorted to name calling.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I have one, I got it the second I turned 18, when everyone had one, wanted one, envied other peoples. Most of those people hate theirs now, I wasn't super fond of mine, so I had my kids names worked into it, and now I love it. It's hot, and it's my first tat, so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

Does it make me a tramp? Meh

Do I give one teeny tiny f**k if some ELSE thinks it makes me a tramp? Yeah, not so much.

I like you better if you're a little trampy.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I have one, I got it the second I turned 18, when everyone had one, wanted one, envied other peoples. Most of those people hate theirs now, I wasn't super fond of mine, so I had my kids names worked into it, and now I love it. It's hot, and it's my first tat, so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

Do I give one teeny tiny f**k if some ELSE thinks it makes me a tramp? Yeah, not so much.

And seeing how your opinion is the only one that matters to me on these forums, I consider that a WIN :)
  • whierd
    Options

And seeing how your opinion is the only one that matters to me on these forums, I consider that a WIN :)

EPIC%2BWIN%255B1%255D-745866.jpg
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I have one.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Modified Mama, your response is so childish. I voiced my opinion here about a THING, while you resorted to name calling.

I agree to disagree. I think by you basically saying that your husband said they are called tramp stamps for a reason is YOU name calling...and then being in denial about it. Deal with it. I simply don't put up with ignorant people and I have NO problem calling them out.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

EPIC%2BWIN%255B1%255D-745866.jpg

Loves it!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I always get annoyed at these sexist type comments about women. Think about it, it's only women who get these slutty labels. I say let's start a new tradition, any guy with a ring around his arm (Celtic bands in particular) should be labeled a man *kitten*. Isn't that what this is all about? Labels? It's not a matter of dislike or like, it's a matter of some idiotic label being put on a woman that's sexual because men and women have a horrid habit of allowing it to happen. What's next? Will we start saying that anything that's a butterfly on the body means something specific? How about women who happen to have symbols that are nature like being easy? As you can see - it's awful easy to take something and distort it.

Monica
  • whierd
    Options
    Hmm. I always get annoyed at these sexist type comments about women. Think about it, it's only women who get these slutty labels. I say let's start a new tradition, any guy with a ring around his arm (Celtic bands in particular) should be labeled a man *kitten*. Isn't that what this is all about? Labels? It's not a matter of dislike or like, it's a matter of some idiotic label being put on a woman that's sexual because men and women have a horrid habit of allowing it to happen. What's next? Will we start saying that anything that's a butterfly on the body means something specific? How about women who happen to have symbols that are nature like being easy? As you can see - it's awful easy to take something and distort it.

Monica

Calling a man a man *kitten* doesn't work the same because men don't shame other men for this.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

Monica

Labels are horrible. Great post.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I've had one in that location for nearly 20 years. I don't think they were called that then. I like to think of myself as a pioneering tramp! Or, like, a person who got a tattoo she wanted, with no tramp connotation at all.

Agreed..I got mine before it took off, I dont give a s***t what anyone thinks....
  • sunnyskyjb
    Options
    We're not ignorant, we just have a different opinion than you.

I don't consider anyone ignorant for wanting to do it, nor should I be considered ignorant for not wanting one.

To each her own.

My husband just thought that someone who wanted one wouldn't use what some consider to be a put down to describe it.

And we didn't call anyone a tramp, ladies. We just don't like tramp stamps. There is a difference.

"And my hubbie says they're called that for a reason."

Ignorant. Just because somebody has something that some *kitten* labeled a "tramp stamp" does not mean that the person is a tramp. That way of thinking is nothing short of I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T. Not if people dislike them, just their retarded way of thinking.
  • sunnyskyjb
    Options
    I agree with you, just because they are called that does not mean that someone who has one is a tramp. I tried to say that same thing in the post I quoted above.

Modified Mama, using the term "retarded" is showing YOUR ignorance.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Calling a man a man *kitten* doesn't work the same because men don't shame other men for this.

Exactly, you basically made my point. Men don't really have that many labels. It's only women. But, both sexes are guilty of spreading stereotypes. Think about how many derogatory terms are used that usually insinuate that women are easy. You don't see the same thing for men. That's why I really dislike these sorts of terms. It doesn't help when women don't stop the actual stereotype in it's tracks, though technically, it's both sexes that allow it to happen.
  • whierd
    Options
    I think those labels are perpetuated mostly by women hating on other women. Thankfully in recent years I've seen a lot more "Girl Power!" types that try to build up other women instead of tearing them down because of how they express their sexuality.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I think those labels are perpetuated mostly by women hating on other women. Thankfully in recent years I've seen a lot more "Girl Power!" types that try to build up other women instead of tearing them down because of how they express their sexuality.

I agree with you. Women hate women. The Mom on Mom hate is so freakin horrible now.
  • whierd
    Options

I agree with you. Women hate women. The Mom on Mom hate is so freakin horrible now.

You mean like the ones that judge other mothers for treating their kids to chicken nuggets or gives them a Lunchable?
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    This thread was designed to perpetuate conflict in the community. That being said, why are those who 'dislike' tramp stamps hated on so much? Don't they deserve to have an opinion too?

Personally I don't like tattoos. Some people do. So what? We all judge each other, whether you want to admit it or not.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    This thread was designed to perpetuate conflict in the community. That being said, why are those who 'dislike' tramp stamps hated on so much? Don't they deserve to have an opinion too?

Personally I don't like tattoos. Some people do. So what? We all judge each other, whether you want to admit it or not.

Actually, I haven't seen a single person who "disliked" them being hated on. I see the ignorant people being called out who are saying they are called tramp stamps for a reason, i.e, women who have them ARE tramps.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    She's gotta tattoo of me right above her *kitten* man, in the streets of Warren Michigan we call em tramp stamps, that means she belongs to me

reppin the eminem here folks