Tramp Stamp? Like/Dislike

Options

Replies

• Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    I have one that I got like 10 years ago, and I really wish I never got it. But back then, it was the cool thing to do, lol. I might just get it removed.
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's just a different mind set, that's all.

A friend of mine was thinking of getting one, and she called it a "tramp stamp." He thought it was funny that someone who was considering getting one would actually call it that.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    so what I have learned from this thread is that I am clearly a tramp due to a placement of one of my tattoos. THANK YOU! You might as well also throw in that I must be disgusting because I have stretched ears, and what kind of lady tattoos her arm completely!

and yes, I got my lower back tattoo because I wanted to permanently put something on my body called a tramp stamp. was my number one reason.

seriously can't believe how judgmental & ignorant people still are over the tattoo/piercings/body mod topic.

peace & love.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It's just a different mind set, that's all.

A friend of mine was thinking of getting one, and she called it a "tramp stamp." He thought it was funny that someone who was considering getting one would actually call it that.

Well, people who use racial slurs can argue that it is just a "different mind set" but it doesn't change the fact that they are ignorant.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    My eyesight is not so good. So anything that points me in the right direction and/or gives instructions is welcome.

:laugh:
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    And back when I got mine, it was definitely NOT called a tramp stamp. More like, a lower back tattoo. LOL. If I knew thats what it would of ended up being called, I never would of gotten it!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I like tattoos that are well-done (regardless of the meaning/lack of attached to them) and they actually visually FIT into their chosen destination on the body. If you have some chicken scratch flowers and hearts and unicorn all awkwardly smushed into on your lower back, just no.

/artist.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I like calling it a tramp stamp. It's dirty and hot at the same time.
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hey- Not everything thinks that way- and it was only a few people. So what. Don't be so sensitive. They are probably jealous of your good looks!
    so what I have learned from this thread is that I am clearly a tramp due to a placement of one of my tattoos. THANK YOU! You might as well also throw in that I must be disgusting because I have stretched ears, and what kind of lady tattoos her arm completely!

and yes, I got my lower back tattoo because I wanted to permanently put something on my body called a tramp stamp. was my number one reason.

seriously can't believe how judgmental & ignorant people still are over the tattoo/piercings/body mod topic.

peace & love.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it! Its a Starman from Mario and split above/below is the lyric "there's a starman waiting in the sky" in the font from the end of the original mario game. So we married mario and david bowie,lol. My partner designed it for me. I have four tattoos as of now.

There can be only one Starman....

RUSH-Starman.jpg

Is that Tom Sawyer?

With regards to the original post, I wouldn't get one, but I have seen some very cool ones. One day, they will be known as Granny Stamps.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options
    Hey- Not everything thinks that way- and it was only a few people. So what. Don't be so sensitive. They are probably jealous of your good looks!

peace & love.

not sensitive. just stating my point of view on the topic.
  • sunnyskyjb
    Options
    We're not ignorant, we just have a different opinion than you.

I don't consider anyone ignorant for wanting to do it, nor should I be considered ignorant for not wanting one.

To each her own.

My husband just thought that someone who wanted one wouldn't use what some consider to be a put down to describe it.

And we didn't call anyone a tramp, ladies. We just don't like tramp stamps. There is a difference.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I Like! Unless its the motorcycle handle bar tatt.... That ones dumb. :smile: Haaah. I like mine of course. Its the Armenian Cross with grape leaves.. Would have liked to add some beautiful flowers. And mine shall entertain the CNA's who will be showering me one day, in the shower room, at the Alzhemiers Home. Give em something to look at! :laugh:

Am I quoting myself??? Yes I am... And the Armenian Priest approved of my stamp. And he told me, getting a tattoo is part of becoming a priest. Don't see anything trampy about that. As long as the person getting it likes it, its not harming anyone else.

Aram said this:
    I know that is also a tradition for Armenians to have a similar type of "small cross" tattooed on the inside of their wrist when they first visit Jerusalem.

This is a tradition for Armenians that goes back hundreds of years. A "Haji" tattoo signifies you have completed a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. The usual location is on the inner right forearm, but it has become more common in recent years (especially for women) for a tiny cross to be instead tattooed on the inside of a finger or at the wrist where it is inconspicuous or easily covered by a watch or ring. Ordinarily, the cross is of Armenian design, though some prefer different designs, and will usually have the date of your first pilgrimage inscribed underneath.

I have my Haji from my pilgrimage on my right inner forearm. They're very, very common in our community, even for priests. It is additionally tradition that one who makes a pilgrimage can also use the personal title of Haji, though this is less common. My great grandfather was known to many people as Haji Levon, as he made his pilgrimage as he was emigrating from Turkey to the United States before the Genocide, and I think it's even on his gravestone.

One must understand the special relationship Armenians have with Jerusalem, a presence that goes back (quite literally) to the time of Christ, to understand the importance of the Haji. The Haji binds you with all others who have prayed in the Holy City, in the Cathedral of St. James in the Armenian Quarter, and reminds you always of your time in Jerusalem. I carry Jerusalem with me everywhere I go.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I do not like them. I feel like they are called "tramp stamps" for a reason.

You think tattoo placement makes someone slutty, GASH?
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

I don't consider anyone ignorant for wanting to do it, nor should I be considered ignorant for not wanting one.

To each her own.

My husband just thought that someone who wanted one wouldn't use what some consider to be a put down to describe it.

And we didn't call anyone a tramp, ladies. We just don't like tramp stamps. There is a difference.

"And my hubbie says they're called that for a reason."

Ignorant. Just because somebody has something that some *kitten* labeled a "tramp stamp" does not mean that the person is a tramp. That way of thinking is nothing short of I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T. Not if people dislike them, just their retarded way of thinking.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options

To each her own.

nobody is telling you to get one or that you are stupid or ignorant for not getting one, was never said, just FYI.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    I do not like them. I feel like they are called "tramp stamps" for a reason.

You think tattoo placement makes someone slutty, GASH?

I just fell in love with you.
  • sunnyskyjb
    Options
    I can see my reasoning isn't getting through here, no prob. I agree to disagree. Just answering the original post: I think they look cheap and gross.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'll just say, I'm glad I wasn't old enough to get one when they were popular, otherwise I would be sporting a tribal butterfly above my asscrack which is soooooooo not my style anymore.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I have one, I got it the second I turned 18, when everyone had one, wanted one, envied other peoples. Most of those people hate theirs now, I wasn't super fond of mine, so I had my kids names worked into it, and now I love it. It's hot, and it's my first tat, so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

Does it make me a tramp? Meh

Do I give one teeny tiny f**k if some ELSE thinks it makes me a tramp? Yeah, not so much.