The REAL foods you must stop eating now.......

Options

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Soylent Green. Unless it's an emergency.

LOL
  • buckmeatball
    buckmeatball Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm not as smart as most but just to clarify-

An 1800 calorie/day diet consisting of french fries, cookies, hot dogs, white bread, spaghetti-o's and beer is equal to an 1800 calorie diet of chicken, fish, nuts, avocodo and vegetables and fruit as long as there is a calorie deficit?
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you've never watched Supersize vs. Superskinny and seen the crap that most of the superskinnies eat, some of them are worse than the supersizers. They just eat small enough amounts of crap to not gain weight. The vitamin deficiencies would be horrible, but... Yeah.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Here it is:

Any food that takes you over your calorie goal for the day...................................

THE END.

That kind of logic will clearly not be tolerated around here. Knock it off.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options

An 1800 calorie/day diet consisting of french fries, cookies, hot dogs, white bread, spaghetti-o's and beer is equal to an 1800 calorie diet of chicken, fish, nuts, avocodo and vegetables and fruit as long as there is a calorie deficit?

For weight loss? Yes.
    For health? Depends on the person.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options

If you're hitting your macros and getting all your micros it doesn't matter. You might not feel as good but you'll still lose weight. It's better to try to eat mostly healthy foods but I've been eating animal crackers, toaster strudels, ice cream, etc. every day. I just eat some other foods with it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,715 Member
    Options

In calories yes. In macro/micro nutrient value.......no. But calories in/calories out is the basis of weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i would say you shouldn't eat raw chicken
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I disagree
    Here it is:

Any food that takes you over your calorie goal for the day...................................

THE END.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    Soylent Green. Unless it's an emergency.

"Soylent Green is peeeopllllllleeeeeee!!!!"
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Equal only in calories.

I agree with throwing out cottage cheese.
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    Lol, nice! I love it :)
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Didn't you all know you should only be eating iceberg lettuce and nothing else!?!? You should never put something that could be considered "bad" for you in your mouth ever. If you just ignore its existance in the world you will never want it! :laugh:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Didn't you all know you should only be eating iceberg lettuce and nothing else!?!? You should never put something that could be considered "bad" for you in your mouth ever. If you just ignore its existance in the world you will never want it! :laugh:

But why eat Iceberg when you can have Romaine? Iceberg is the redheaded stepchild of leafy stuff. ;)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

For weight loss? Yes.
    For health? Depends on the person.

This. You'll lose weight on both diets, but probably feel better, maintain more muscle, have healthier skin and hair, etc on the second. However, I prefer a mix of the two.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

But why eat Iceberg when you can have Romaine? Iceberg is the redheaded stepchild of leafy stuff. ;)

Seriously how did that stuff ever get so popular? I prefer green-leaf and spinach mixed.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Seriously how did that stuff ever get so popular? I prefer green-leaf and spinach mixed.

Because it's about as expensive as dirt.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    **awestruck**
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8bggzrN4n1rrawjco1_500.gif
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    *head explodes from the logic*