sweat.... eww

Options
Hi there! I don't know if this is weird, but I think sweat is one of the grossest things ever!! And that's one
thing that snags me up with working out and a reason I hate gyms! I know cardio is big for losing weight
and cardio equals sweating! How do you guys push through it, or what do you tell yourself to get through it?

Replies

• WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Haha! I'm the same way! I HATE to sweat!

What has gotten me running is the purchase of cute running clothes and the use of the Nike+ running app. If I feel cute it makes it wasier to forget I'm sweating, and the app is pretty fun, it tracks distance and time and you can compete with people, and you also get a map of your run afterwards.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    No help here - I love getting a good sweat on! I guess I always have though :laugh:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    sweating is good. get over your fear. ;)
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    No help here - I love getting a good sweat on! I guess I always have though :laugh:

Agreed! If I'm not sweating I'm not working hard enough!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Cellulite is more digusting. Not to be mean, but get over it with the sweat. It's not gross. It's healthy. Deal with it, and work out.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Sweat is sexy.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    heres the thing about sweat: its really good for your skin. Also, it temporarily plumps up your face (by face i mean wrinkles!) I love the way my face looks after a good hard sweat

Also i have heard people who sweat a lot are more fully evolved because they have a more efficient heating/cooling system. So be proud of your sweat!
  • lb9715
    Options
    get over yourself, sweat is natural, multiple chins arent
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options

Also i have heard people who sweat a lot are more fully evolved because they have a more efficient heating/cooling system. So be proud of your sweat!

If that's the case...I'm one of the most highly evolved people EVER! lol
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I really love sweating.

Smells like......Victory.
  • hayleygirl01
    hayleygirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i love to sweat, when it comes to working out! Its you fat crying, at least thats what i tell myself. When i have a good sweat going i feel like i had a great work out!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

If that's the case...I'm one of the most highly evolved people EVER! lol

Me too! It can be below freezing outside and my armpits will still sweat when I walk around.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Agreed! If I'm not sweating I'm not working hard enough!

This about sums it up for me. Sweat in general is fairly unappealing. However, if I'm really sweaty after a work out, I know I did my job.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it. But you get used to it. It doesn't bother me at all anymore. And I sweat so much LOL. I literally ring my hat out at the end of my runs (my winter runs when I wear a hat LOL).

Keep going, you'll get over your dislike!
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I bring a towel... its a tiny gym and im usually alone so nobody has to watch me dry cleavage... err i mean face :laugh: I feel gross while its dripping off me but i feel accomplished when my clothes are soaked afterwards :ohwell:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If sweat's not literally dripping off me at the end of my workout, I'm not working hard enough. Sorry, no help here. (Seriously, sweat is not a big deal. That's what showers and washing machines are for :P)
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    Women dont sweat, we glisten! That being said, I love to glisten! Just means I got a good workout.
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    As my Nana always says....*with thick southern belle accent* "Southern girls don't sweat.... we glisten!"

It's probably what was going on in that movie, Twilight. Vampires must just sweat alot.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be all sweaty and gross from running 5 miles than sweaty and gross because I'm too out of shape to walk up 5 flights of steps.

I did hate the way I would sweat when I did cardio in the gym. That's just one more reason I prefer running outside. Even on a still day, I can be guaranteed that I'm creating a 5-8mph wind to help dry my face a little.

It's also why I love lifting at home. I don't sweat as much as with cardio, but the sweatier I get, the less clothes I wear. I started my lifts today in fleece pajama bottoms and a hoodie, and ended in a tshirt and undies.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Ahh...don't sweat it.