Lose vs Loose

Options
13»

Replies

• DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You know not every on here is lucky enough to get a great education and understand the difference. And some people just do not care about their grammar on here because they are more interested in losing weight and getting support.

You don't need a great education, you just need to pick up a damn book sometime

Yes, and not everyone does that either. It does not mean they do not have the right to be on here and learn about weight loss. Who are we to judge anyone's grammar.

I'm judging you right now.

Do you know the difference between tolerance and acceptance?
  • annakommers
    annakommers Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    omg YES it KILLS me!!!
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You know not every on here is lucky enough to get a great education and understand the difference. And some people just do not care about their grammar on here because they are more interested in losing weight and getting support.

Yes, and not everyone does that either. It does not mean they do not have the right to be on here and learn about weight loss. Who are we to judge anyone's grammar.

Wow, look I do not judge or care what other people do. I do not know their circumstances. I worry about me and my own. The only person's grammar I have ever cared about is my own and my children.
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It is the fate of grammar police to be bullied in dark allies for speaking out, or to keep silent, resisting the itch to correct. Either way, it is our fate to suffer. ;)

I'm suffering right there with you.

We didn't ask to be grammar police, we were born this way. We can't help it.

But seriously....one of the main impressions you get of people online, of whom you have never seen and converse with unseen, is their spelling and grammar. I get a picture in my head of someone whose spelling and grammar is not really well of a sloppily dressed person with ratty hair and bad breath.

But that's just me.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    so these people are not stupid. and they most likely dont care what you think. any idea why this happens? i have a thought. a lot of the guys in my office write phonetically. the o sound in lose sounds like a u. well we're taught in phonetics that two oo's make a u sound. therefore, loose must sound like lose.

i may be wrong, but my guys write loose for lose all the time.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, whether it's been beat into the ground or not. Maybe if more people paid attention to their spelling and grammar, America wouldn't be one of the dumbest countries in the world.

Seriously!! I totally judge peoples intelligence by there written word. :wink:
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who shares that sentiment. I see "lose" spelled more often incorrectly than correctly on this forum.
    Thanks for the spelling lesson, I was just over on the English forum and they told me how to loose weight......yes I did that on purpose. Give it a rest, people aren't on here to have their papers graded.
    English class is so you can learn to communicate outside the classroom.
  • akaMrsmojo
    Options
    I have two sisters who have dyslexia and struggled their whole lives. Both were in horrible school systems, neither of them lack intelligence and have bad breath.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Wow, look I do not judge or care what other people do. I do not know their circumstances. I worry about me and my own. The only person's grammar I have ever cared about is my own and my children.

*children's
  • kitkatkate77
    Options
    [

And questions end like this: "?"
  • akaMrsmojo
    Options

*children's

Do you feel better about yourself?

I bet people on here don't like when people judge fat people. This is a really nasty thread and not what MFP is about. I am out. I do not deal with buddies. This place is suppose to be supportive.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

*children's

Do you feel better about yourself?

I bet people on here don't like when people judge fat people. This is a really nasty thread and not what MFP is about. I am out. I do not deal with buddies. This place is suppose to be supportive.

*supposed
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    PLEASE be nice about this matter...if only English speaking people were part of this program then I would say OK and even then not very nice to be so rude....don't forget many different countries can have access to this program this is on Internet, so you have English,French,German, and so many more people on here from other countries.........a little O here and there can't beat the WTG....or the U (for you) the C for see you and all the abbreviated words that some of you all use .......please be kind:flowerforyou:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    To the OP. I went back and read some of your previous postings in other threads. I would not cast stones in a glass house.
This discussion has been closed.