Replies

• AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Go get yours.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I wasn't even aware there's a girl code. But re: the situation...I don't believe there's a one-size-fits-all rule. Instead, I'd review the facts of each situation and then make a judgement call. In this case, without additional information? I'd probably go for it. :)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    There is a girl code? I thought it was every chick for herself?
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The first rule of "girl code" is you never talk about the girl code! :$

ha
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Would it affect your relationship with your sister? That would be the only thing I'd take into consideration.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    talk to your sister about it. if she's cool with it, then go for it. if she's iffy about it, convince her to be cool with it. if she's downright AH HELL NAH about it, then you may have a dilemma.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If it bugged me that an ex was dating someone I know OF, I would say I have issues.
    True thing. But you can't expect someone else not to be crazy if you'd be crazy. :)
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    If you don't consider her a friend, you don't owe her anything. Do it.
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    How likely are you to take him to family gatherings?

Are you ok with him hittin on her in the kitchen during the next wedding your @?

If it's not a concern....then be up for the rebound.
  • sobriquet84
    Options
    Would it affect your relationship with your sister? That would be the only thing I'd take into consideration.

bingo.
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The first rule of "girl code" is you never talk about the girl code! :$
    Also, if someone says "stop" or goes limp, it's over.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    no. Thats fair game. go get him.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hypothetically:

You are talking to a guy who you really like, but are worried that it may violate "girl code." This guy used to date a girl you are acquainted with. The girl is good friends with your sister, but she is not your friend and you don't talk. However, you met the guy when THEY were dating so you don't want to step on her toes seeing as she is close to a family member. Would you call it off in the name of girl code, or just do what you want seeing as she isn't your friend?

Thanks.

I'm a straight up kind of person and I would go straight up to her and ask her what she thinks. Mostly because it's your sisters friend and if there's any stuff between them as a result it will get on you. I've done this straight up approach before more than once, and the first time I got my ex out of it and that relationship was great and her friendship we worked together and had mutual friends my best friend was her new beau's sister. The second time was my current hubby. First case the girl said, well clearly he's not into me so I don't see why not, second case was a case of mutual disinterest and her actually feeling he was better suited for me since I was his most ardent cheerleader during their "trial period" while she had other guys in her rotation. She and I were right, he is very well suited for me.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Girl code doesn't apply if you're not friends and you didn't home-wreck. Enjoy him!
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options

bingo.

^^^this and if she is okay - then go for it. besides, it seems to be his is interested in you.
  • sobriquet84
    Options
    if this dude and this chick only recently broke up and your sister may be dealing with a grieving friend, i would evaluate things. you don't want to create a situation for your sister or have it effect your relationship with your sister.

but if its old news and/or your sister doesn't care, then go for it.
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if she’s not your friend, it’s a no-brainer in my opinion… As long as your sister’s relationship with this girl isn’t collateral damage.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    All is fair in love and war!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    The only time girl code would apply in this situation is if he was her ex HUSBAND.

Get it. And if she goes and whines to your sister about it, tell her to put her big girl panties on and come directly to you.
  • Fed_up
    Options
    Even if she WERE your friend, you aren't in high school anymore!

She isn't currently seeing him, then it is all fair play.