No thank you.

Options
Guest speaker for a work meeting today struts in with bags of Starbucks treats; like she bought out the entire baked goods case, had them put in individual bags, and here ya go...I wanted to kill her.

I perused every one of those bags, just to see the goodies, and that blasted Old Fashioned Doughnut was SCREAMING my name, and yet, I resisted!

I watched everyone else take their pick, tell me I should indulge, have a bite, it's just one time...no, no, NO!

God that felt good...I do have some willpower in me somewhere.

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Good for you. :) I would have had it halfway down my throat before I wondered what the calorie content was. Lol
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Good job! I feel your pain. My office is always full of junk and there is a candy basket that usually has chocolate or donut holes and you literally have to walk closely past it to get in and out of the door! I have been fightng all day long, trying not to eat a hershey's cookies and cream fun sized bar.
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Whooo Hoooo! :drinker:
  • Joyness316
    Options
    I''m glad that you took time to recognize and be proud of that accomplishment. With each accomplishment, you will gain strength till it's really not all that big a deal! Great job!!!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Guest speaker for a work meeting today struts in with bags of Starbucks treats; like she bought out the entire baked goods case, had them put in individual bags, and here ya go...I wanted to kill her.

I perused every one of those bags, just to see the goodies, and that blasted Old Fashioned Doughnut was SCREAMING my name, and yet, I resisted!

I watched everyone else take their pick, tell me I should indulge, have a bite, it's just one time...no, no, NO!

God that felt good...I do have some willpower in me somewhere.

Way to go! Woot!!

Now go make a post in "What tastes better than Skinny feels?"
  • cypeters24
    cypeters24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There's an older woman that works for me who always has a plethora of snacks and chocolate on her desk. It was killing me! finally been able to say "no!" lol Way to go!
  • nikkionwine
    Options
    Omg. Do they still have those mini cherry pies? Can.not.resist.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    NSV; good decision making.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Have you tried their lemon iced pound cake, though? lol.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten the doughnut, recorded it, and adjusted my dinner, thus allowing me to enjoy life.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Big props to you!

We all make a thousand decisions every day. They either move us closer to or further from our goals, whatever they may be.

Nice job on making a positive decision to keep moving toward your goals!

Good luck!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I really want to now.. .

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • originalkazila
    Options
    Woot! Good job! The security office where I work always has donuts and treats hanging around. Eventually I just got so used to them I'm not even tempted any more

....bacon cheeseburgers on the other hand....
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!! Good job for showing those damn brown Starbuck's pastry bags who's boss! (I wasn't as successful at this today) <<<Applauding you wildly>>> That's got to feel good!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Rubbing the doughnut all over your body in the privacy of a locked bathroom doesn't add to your calorie intake.

FYI.
  • sykesk13
    Options
    well done i'm not sure I would of been that stronge :smile:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

http://picky-palate.com/2012/03/22/starbucks-iced-lemon-pound-cake-copycat-recipe/

You're welcome.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I had a red velvet cupcake for valentines day this morning. You can fit the odd treat in sometimes.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It probably wouldn't have tasted as good as you thought it would anyway. Good job!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    You should have allowed yourself the doughnut, if you wanted it that bad. Having the doughnut and fitting it into your daily calories would have been a much bigger success.