No thank you.

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Man, we get faculty bringing in "treats" all the time. yesterday was cream cheese danishes! One of my FAVES! I politely declined...though I did have to walk away after that. I think being there would have been really tough.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Have you tried their lemon iced pound cake, though? lol.

http://picky-palate.com/2012/03/22/starbucks-iced-lemon-pound-cake-copycat-recipe/

You're welcome.

I will thank you AFTER you bake it for me. Get thee to the kitchen!
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is something to be proud of. Finding the power in you to resist. It's okay to treat yourself once in a while, but you sound like you're trying to discipline yourself a little bit. Happy for ya!! :)
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Rubbing the doughnut all over your body in the privacy of a locked bathroom doesn't add to your calorie intake.

FYI.

I will be doing this next time, wait.. what?
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well done, you should be proud of yourself!
  • nataliecarter28
    nataliecarter28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    nice job! I gave in today and went to the vending machine, I was going to get some munchies, but the vending machine ate the ONLY dollar I had on me. I guess it was the worlds way of keeping me on track. i was pretty disappointed at the time though...
  • fitgirl4x48
    fitgirl4x48 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness! I laughed so hard at the "Rub it all over your body" post!!! Thanks!!
  • alednnz
    Options
    That's awesome, I would've probably had half of it, i don't want to see food as the enemy
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten the doughnut, recorded it, and adjusted my dinner, thus allowing me to enjoy life.

This is what I would have done too. Turning down free sweets is against my religion.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    When is Starbucks bringing back the Toffee Almond bar?

<sigh>
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin!!!

I am proud of you for thinking about the ramifications of a binge eat. Once the taste is gone, you will have to face the scale and yourself. Keep us the good work!!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten the doughnut, recorded it, and adjusted my dinner, thus allowing me to enjoy life.

No thanks. Deducting multiple hundred calories from my dinner would not have equaled me "enjoying life". I'd rather have a satisfying dinner, any day...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Great self control.
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've never been crazy about any of Starbucks baked goods. They're all dry and not very tasty to me.

But I did have a Krispy Kreme glazed donut a few weeks ago. So delicious and only 190 calories. Totally fit into my calorie limit for the day and so worth it!
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I let everyone know at work that I don't eat that stuff any more and now there is a selection of fruit to choose from as well as the donuts. Most people will understand and if they are getting snacks anyway they will accomodate your needs.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    They brought in pizza for lunch today and I didn't do as well as you. ONE THOUSAND calories later I finally stopped. So now I'm having baked chicken and steamed cauliflower for dinner with what few calories I had left.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!
  • redbreastedsapsucker
    Options
    Great job!! I know how that's like too. I have a cart full of tasty sweet stuff right outside my office, and its really hard not to give in....then, when I don't, there is always a basket of chocolate kisses to take hold of right at the door!! Its extremely hard to not resists,but once you start logging in those extra treats, you think twice about mindless wondering!!

If this helps, I keep a small bottle of "Sensory Therapy" -Peace of Mind aromatherapy at my desk and put it on when feeling such weaknesses. The peppermint smell is an instant energizer, and helps suppress those tempting moments!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    As I was beginning to log my abomination of a day, I was reflecting again on your awesomeness. What determination you showed to look those impromptu and unexpected treats in the face. Planning for them is one thing, resisting the unexpected is another. So again, kudos. I hope to absorb some of your determination this week when my intrinsic motivation is waning. GREAT GREAT GREAT job!
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    As I was beginning to log my abomination of a day, I was reflecting again on your awesomeness. What determination you showed to look those impromptu and unexpected treats in the face. Planning for them is one thing, resisting the unexpected is another. So again, kudos. I hope to absorb some of your determination this week when my intrinsic motivation is waning. GREAT GREAT GREAT job!

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options

No thanks. Deducting multiple hundred calories from my dinner would not have equaled me "enjoying life". I'd rather have a satisfying dinner, any day...

So you go for a walk and enjoy the doughnut AND dinner.

I know I wouldn't deprive myself because depriving yourself eventually leads to you rolling around naked in a tub of rice pudding eating brownie batter doughnuts by the dozen.