does apple cider vinegar really work??

Options

Replies

• dieKriegerin77
    Options
    I like it as a hair rinse with some essential oils. I will also drink it (2 tsp/12 ounces water) for indigestion and bloating issues. Can't speak to the weight loss effect, though.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Dont really try my recipe I was teasing. It will just make your stomach burn, you vomit from the cod liver oil, and get the poopoos from the castor oil..
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I found for me it helped with tummy upsets and digestive problems. Also it was the only thing that worked as a painkiller when I had gallbladder problems. It's very tart but for me I find it very settling for my tummy upsets when I have them. Everybody is different though but I know it worked for me

My husband swears by ACV for his chronic indigestion (doc says it is due to acid-making depletion in the gut. Comes on as people age.) There is some experimental evidence that ACV helps lower blood sugar levels (and thus heads off insulin spikes which I can see would be good in warding off Type II diabetes). But I would think the effect would only be something that would take place over a long period of time and probably would not make any noticeable difference in terms of short-term weight loss goals. ACV is not going to make calories magically disappear--I'm fairly certain of that.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I do this for muscle soreness. Works great and keeps my tummy happy with less pain killers.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Dont really try my recipe I was teasing. It will just make your stomach burn, you vomit from the cod liver oil, and get the poopoos from the castor oil..

My God..
    I seriously started thinking about it ................lolzzzzzzz :):tongue:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar works great to attract fruit flies. Put in a drop of dish soap which lowers the surface tension, and they land on the surface thinking it's rotten food, fall through, then drown.

As for weight loss, doesn't work nearly as well. Keep the bottle around in case of infestation (or hot and sour soup)...
  • tennyllia4
    Options
    Hmmm not sure, Very acidic- may cause Gastrointestinal complications if used to often... : (
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Noooooo
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    cider vinegar does work...to make BBQ taste even better.

The-Dude-Deal-With-It.gif

This, and I use it in my low-sodium sauce for sweet & sour pork. Nomz.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I was gonna say!
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My boss drinks this in his coffee to help with his arthristis in his hands. He wants to puke every time but says it works.
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hadn't heard of it, so turned to Google.

Seems to be some evidence that its consumption is correlated with slight (about 2-3 lbs over 12 weeks) weight loss (perhaps through a role in suppressing appetite) .

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_cider_vinegar for details.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Yummy. Love raw apple cider vinegar with honey as a drink on empty stomach, or after a meal. Kinda settles the tummy, reduces my craving for dessert.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I put 6 oz of unfiltered apple cider vinegar in my chickens water every week. An apple a day...but do the chickens lose weight??? Not that I have noticed...
  • peachynoir
    Options
    I like it for when my stomach is feeling a bit wonky or if I'm a bit bloated... honestly, sometimes I crave it. Occasionally, I'll throw a few cucumbers into the glass and it tastes all sorts of fresh and salad-like that it can hold me off if I'm in between meals.
  • mcknjack
    Options
    I read that it is good for helping prevent asthma problems. I've had nothing BUT asthma problems as I live in WA state, humid, cold and lots and lots of trees. The ACV does seem to help. The flavor takes some getting used to, but I take it daily and I think it helped with my acid reflux, too!
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard it's good for that, but it seems like it's good for just about everything else!
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've taken a few tablespoons of ACV to help with bloating.. and it has worked. But I can't say it will make you lose weight at all.
  • davidlane73932
    Options
    evening primrose oil will help with your eczema
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    it did nothing for me